Packet Core Network Integration and Verification Engineer - Developer
Are you ready to take your passion for integration and verification and make Mobile Broadband a success for our customers around the world? Are you interested what is 5G, what can our network evolve to be?
We are looking for young professionals and experienced engineers to join our Integration and Verification team responsible for establishing the seal of excellence on all products and solutions developed within the Product Development Unit Packet Core.
Based Shanghai, China, you will be responsible for a range of challenging tasks with the mission to test our products in the best way possible. You will gain experience in cutting-edge technology in an international environment that inspires you to develop and grow.
The requirements on our products, from both existing and potential new customers, are currently very high and there is a huge demand of new features as well as higher capacity and performance.
In order to meet the demands above and to secure a continued success of the Ericsson Packet Core products, we are expanding our end to end Network Integration & Verification in 4G and 5G network.
As a NIV engineer, your main responsibilities are to together with your team:
* Study requirement specifications and make time estimates regarding different activities during the development phase,
* Write test specifications and map them to related requirements,
* Review test specifications together with designers, system managers and others involved,
* Write test scripts and automate the execution of them,
* Execute test cases and document the results,
* Write trouble reports with relevant error logs attached,
* Find faults and verify corresponding corrections of the software.
* Ensuring the functionality and characteristics of a system on network level
* Other activities related to testing, such as test tool design, process design etc.
There will be opportunities to work in development, maintenance, support projects as well as being involved in the new technology trial at customer site.
You should have a passion for mobile networks, a creative way of working and a curiosity to try new ways of working in order to become more efficient. You're a team player who enjoys sharing your knowledge and skills with your colleagues across other business disciplines, but equally, you can work well independently. Regardless of experience, you are a true professional who shows a thoroughly competent approach to customers and colleagues.
You need to have an open mind, positive attitude and a constructive way of solving problems. You should also be:
* Result oriented, flexible and innovative,
* Interested in improving ways of working,
* Fluent in English, both spoken and written, and able to express own thinking clearly
* Learning new technology quickly and apply to work tasks.
* Innovative and solution thinking abilities.
* Willing to accept challenges
* Be initiative and accountable
* Good communication skills and good team player
Experience/knowledge within the following areas is required:
* Packet Core Network knowledge (system solutions and network setup)
* Test and verification methods
* Good knowledge in Linux and Unix (Solaris).
* Good knowledge in 2G, 3G and 4G systems.
* Good knowledge in EPC system architecture.
* Good knowledge in routers and switches
* 2~3 years working experiences in SGSN-MME, EPG, DPI and Policy Control area is preferred
* 1~2 years working experiences in router is preferred
* Radio and IMS competence
* Preferable experience: Cloud deployment, Containerization, etc