IoT Network Planning and Engineering
OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
- You will plan and implement Core Packet Switch and IP network equipment configurations on Ericsson M2M platform, according to specific customer requirements.
- You will offer technical support and guidance for O&M engineers.
- You will support test, acceptance, and fault management activities.
- You will design and develop of the solution for an external (customer) or internal requirements.
- You will be responsible for the solution lifecycle management (LCM), to evolve the solution, or to retire a solution
RESPONSIBILITIES – You will:
- Manage IP network operation & trouble shooting (Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Load Balancers)
- Pro-active maintenance activities
- Fault handling & corrective actions
- High Level & Detailed Design
- Network audits as base for optimization activities
- Network optimization including documentation & reporting
- Method of Procedure (MoP) documentation & implementation (e.g. updates, upgrades & migrations)
- LCM documentation, plan for required & recommended expansion/maintenance/replacement activities
- Root Cause Analysis
- Technical support to sales, marketing, project managers and the customer, including pre-sales activities
- Change management activities, provisioning and parameterization activities, activation/deactivation of system functionalities, deployment, re-homing, end-to-end testing, software upgrade and remote data fill according to R&D solutions.
- Involve in the system/function verification and support activities.
- Create the risk and impact of new service element integration.
- Guide trainees by on-job training, job aids and workshops.
- Available for travel (10% of the time)
DETAILED TECHNICAL COMPETENCE
- You have at least 3 years’ experience in the service delivery or managed services operations
- You operate core packet and IP network implementation.
- You know how to identify and solve defined/undefined problems utilizing existing procedures/techniques/methods.
- You supervise the core packet switch and IP network implementation technician.
- You prepare and update documentation according to specific requirements.
- You have working experience with TCP/IP, Cisco, Juniper, Smartedge, BIG-IP, Redback, Extreme
- It is considered a plus if you have CCNA and CCNP certifications.
- You know about protocol Stack knowledge (SS7, SIGTRAN) is a plus
- You deliver results & meeting customer expectation
- You have knowledge of MSTOP, ITIL and eTOM based processes is considered a plus
- You are familiar with routing protocols, e.g BGP, OSPF, ISIS, VRRP, JSRP
- You have extended knowledge of IP specifications i.e. Redbook, IETF etc.
- You have solution knowledge in MPLS, layer2 & layer3 VPN
- You have working knowledge of UNIX and/or LINUX
- You have a Bachelor/Master of science in Telecommunication/IT/Network Engineering or relevant experience
- CCNA & CCNP / JNCIA & JNCIP qualifications is a plus
- You speak fluent in written and spoken English.
- Additional language skills a plus.
You have technical leadership skills, a thorough and methodical approach to work
You have an excellent presentation & communication skills in both English and Romanian, ability to interact with customers and internal stakeholders, and provide technical solutions
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT; SharedServ
Req ID: 252542