BSS Presales Consultant
The BSS Presales Consultant will drive Business Support Systems (BSS) domain sales by supporting the Key Account Management (KAM) organization with business development and domain specific knowledge on sales activities, securing that Ericsson is perceived as a preferred partner. Work on strategic level identifying leads and opportunities as well as taking the role of Account Responsible (ACR) or Customer Solution Responsible (CSR) in specific engagements.
Support KAM organization to drive opportunities to deals
- Conduct in-depth business focused discussions with customer
- Investigate current customer network and analyze customer business environment, requirements, plans and issues
- Determine and present list of potential activities and solutions to customer
- Develop customer presentation and Perform value argumentation
- Identify and pro actively drive new business opportunities
- Contribute to business case development and present business case argumentation to C-level
- Build, manage and expand the regional offering portfolio in a specific area of competence and/or business
- Define scope of activities and identify resources required
- Generate and manage leads to increase the 36 months sales funnel
Influence Customers vision & strategy
- Secure understanding of market, competitors & their value propositions including market acceptance
- Understand the customer visions, strategies, network, capture requirements and Drive Ericsson involvement
- Evaluate Ericsson’s current strategy and plans relate to customer’s strategic plans as input to account planning
- Planning and forecasting of resources needed to realize opportunities, including delivery.
Deliver customer value & thought leadership
- Read up on new and emerging technology and business trends
- Provide insight on how new trends will affect customer business, current and future technology, operations and Ericsson business
- Ensure that Product Area (PA) roadmaps are aligned with Regional Portfolio offering providing feedback to R&D
- Drive pro-active dialogue across multiple Customer Units and Accounts and with the customer executives in collaboration with the KAM
- Contribute to region Domain Strategy
- Gather and analyze competitor information
Identify business opportunities
- Identify customer business needs through consultative engagements
- Translate business opportunities into sales, utilizing the Ericsson portfolio and capabilities
- Build and maintain customer relationships on C-level securing strategic collaboration Initiate and drive customer dialogue building on existing business
- Secure and maintain relationships, with sales partners and third parties to meet customer requirements and Ericsson business performance
- Drive business continuity including innovation, addon sales, upsales & software sales business model
Drive Knowledge Transfer
- Secure knowledge sharing, documentation, re-use & business continuity
- Bridge between Account, Domain & BU organizations
- Collaborate with relevant communities within Ericsson
- Perform coaching and mentoring activities to support internal competence build up
- The Domain Sales Manager will drive pre-sales activities by showing technical, services and business expertise in the IT for Telecommunication industry. The ideal candidate is an IT passionate with a strong understanding of BSS – Business Support Systems products and processes, IT Services and the IT industry trends (IT Transformation, Cloud, IoT). Experience with selling complete IT technology-based solutions in Telecommunications market is important.
- Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process and work cross-functionally on product/services and opportunity development.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques.
- Ability to persuade others through face to face discussion, presentations, conventions and written communication.
- Advanced knowledge on End to End Architecture BSS
- Proficiency with business processes
- Knowledge on solutions in the different domains (Charging, Billing, Order Management, Catalog Management, CRM, etc).
- Desired knowledge on Ericsson BSS products
- Broad knowledge on TMForum framework
- Change management and transformation skills
- Project Management Skills. Capable of defining and implementing a short and medium/long term plan for the Key Offering area (including a step-by-step approach as well as choices & prioritizations).
- Networking skills
- Problem Solving & Strategic Thinking
- Customer Insight
- Consultative Selling Skills
- Negotiation & argumentation Skills
- University degree in computer science or Engineering, Master’s degree would be advantageous or equivalent working experience
- 8 years of experience from ICT industry
- In depth experience in End to End multi domain architecture and processes
- In-depth experience in sales and delivery
- Knowledge of IT for Telecommunications (BSS) industry, competitors & value proposition
- Fluent in English in oral and written communication
- Good interpersonal skills, relating and networking, Teamwork and Collaboration
- Must have a good commercial understanding
- Need to have entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Must have a good persuading and influencing skills
- Adapting and Responding to Change
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business, and society to fulfil their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
This position is located in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Follow us social media;
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Indonesia (ID) || || WPI Jakarta || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Req ID: 252310