System Developer for 4G/5G Product Characteristics
The Product Development Unit (PDU) 4G&5G is responsible for development, release and maintenance of both 4G and 5G Networks. The group drives studies in early phases (concept evaluations and pre-studies) as well as securing characteristics through involvement in the Product Development and Testing phases. We are now looking for a System developer in the area of product characteristics.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Main responsibility for the characteristics groups is focused on the product characteristic of the radio control software, embracing both 4G and 5G. For us, product characteristics is about performance, throughput, latency etc. The product characteristics is under constant pressure due to constant change of the product code. You will develop methods, tools and collaborations within Ericsson and with partners in order to secure world class product characteristics. You will have close corporation with designers and other system departments. Looking towards 5G and beyond a more flexible and scalable architecture for 4G and 5G is a necessity, why the work with a new architecture suited for cloud deployment is ongoing.
For you as a System developer there will be opportunities for several interesting and challenging tasks, such as driving studies, acting as bridge to design and verification, taking responsibility for a specific technical area, KanBan master, simulation work, standardization in 3GPP, field trials support, customer contacts and more. The mobile network business is now in a phase where the evolvement towards 5G is ongoing and we see ourselves being in an extremely interesting phase from now and onwards, 4G evolution and 5G NX are happening right now.
- Performance features study
- Taking care about KPI characteristic : memory, latency, cpu utilization
- Analisys, solving customer issues and problems related to HW/SW performance
- Support development teams in terms of feasibility and troubleshooting
We expect you to understand Product Development and the Product Life Cycle. We are a company who needs to act fast in a changing world, thus you need to be able to adapt and respond quickly to change and also deliver results to meet customer expectations. You need to be creating and innovating and easily work with other people. You are expected to be able to plan and drive your own work, but also drive teams to reach common goals.
- Master in a technical discipline or the equivalent level of knowledge,
- Knowledge and experience in Software development, esspecialy for Linux, with good understanding of memory handling and CPU usage
- Knowledge and experience in telecommunication,
- Knowledge of Perl and Python is beneficial,
- Very good communication skills,
- Excellent English skills,
- Knowledge and/or experience in Cloud and/or Machine Learning is beneficial,
- Lean & Agile knowledge and skills is beneficial.