Cloud SME Bid Office
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Responsible for providing detailed and deep technical knowledge in specific technologies, products and/or services. Responsible for proactive and business minded support for establishment and improvement of business for the respective products or services. Responsible for supporting Key Account Managers in generating short and long-term profitable business for Ericsson by working closely with or as part of the Core3 teams in sales, design and delivery of customer projects, and in technical problem solving to translate identified opportunities into detailed technical offering, and proposals.
- Education: Bachelor in Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech in IT, Telecom)
- 4.5-8 years experience with good product and solution experience (vendor, operator, and technology-related industries)
- Strong understanding Cloud concepts
- Strong Understanding of Cloud Portfolio of Ericsson or any other vendor.
- Strong understanding of Competitive scenario in the Cloud Market.
- Be a team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Be enthusiastic and motivated
- Have strong customer focus and have effective presentation and communication skills
- Ability to travel within the country and international as per business requirements
- Have strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Be able to work independently and be self motivated
- Ability to persuade and mobilise internal/external resources to fulfill customer requirements in the design space
- Ability to provide clear and concise reports/feedback to peers and management, adapting the style of communication appropriately to the audience/receivers
- Solution thinker rather than problem identified
- Providing quality response for the RFP/tender within agreed timelines.
- Take ownership of the bid response for specific area of working
- Understand the RFP requirements thoroughly and initiate timely clarifications and response for the specific area
- Interact with regional solution/SME for discussion related to RFP
- Solution responsible for Cloud products in the Bid Office
- Ensuring that the assumptions and risks are well captured and documented while providing the Technical Solution to the customers in the regions
- Assist bid manager in the bid office during bid acceptance phase to agree on the scope and effort estimation with the region
- Knowledge sharing and efficient reuse of available document repository
- Provide suggestions from TCO/BBTS aspects to the region
- Responsible for maintaining contacts within respective TSS team and support organizations so that customer queries are answered effectively in a timely manner
- In preparing a proposal, shall be responsible, through various interfaces, for the following activities or deliverables:
- Design and dimensioning
- Solution Proposal
- Bill of Quantities
- Statement of technical compliance to requirements
- Product related documents
- Define and propose alternative technical solutions, in case the proposed technical solution needs to be changed for any reasons
- Provide sales support for specific deals, propose solutions covering business requirements and present to Regions and Customer
- Contribute to knowledge sharing, ensure the customer vision & strategy including implications on Ericsson’s technology and solutions is communicated to the ones in need at Business Units, Group Function and Ericsson Research.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.