We are now looking for a Cloud and CDN Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
- Scope, define and design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Work with core team on list of potential activities and solutions
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Support deployment of solution
- Provide feedback to R&D
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
- 7+ years’ demonstrated expertise in designing, building and managing complex computing systems including 3+ years’ experience as a Systems Architect.
Communicating via verbally and written in Japanese and English is required.
- 5+ years direct hands on experience implementing and managing CDN and/or Cloud based enterprise solutions.
- Fluent at communicating in Japanese and English.
- Significant experience in the design or development of distributed large-scale systems involving software, hardware, network and process components.
- Experience in documenting architectures and interfaces. Experience in abstracting designs into functional and operational architectures and to distill architectural patterns and principles.
- Demonstrated experience of mastery of computer internal architecture and design to include working knowledge of specific details and design of some variants of the *NIX based operating systems.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in the requirements and interface development, functional architecture and software design, and software implementation of large-scale, distributed software infrastructures.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in developing large-scale functional system architectures and implementation designs, in collaboration with system stakeholders and development engineers in distributed development projects.
- 5+ years’ experience managing Fortune 500 accounts as primary technical contact.
- Experience with leading customer site visits under adverse conditions.
- 5+ years’ multifunctional experiences and peer relationships with Senior Management IT professionals.
- Experience with cloud storage systems preferred.
- Experience with both VOD and Live Streaming (HLS, HDS, SS) preferred.
- Knowledge of Service Provider networking and BGP is key.
- Experience working in an ISP environment is an advantage
- Experience with scripting in Perl/Python and/or CHEF, Puppet, SALT, etc for task automation.
- Deep understanding of virtualization technologies and cloud architecture integrations.
- Experience provisioning security, release management, syslog, web, database, automation, and network solutions
- Ability to analyze multiple Microsoft and/or Linux based server products for maximum performance, efficiency, and availability.
- Understands commercial scoping of CDN and cloud migration projects and is aware of the key risks/challenges and how to mitigate them.
- Large scale server designs including High Availability using Clustering solutions
- Senior level experience deploying either F5 or NetScaler load balancers solutions
- Proven self-starter with desire to foster a sense of urgency when addressing customer concerns, coupled with a strong command of business and technical abilities.
- Disaster Recovery planning/designs using replication techniques
- Prior experience with a 24x7, high-availability, broadly distributed production environments
- Knowledge of network concepts and security best practices
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Flexible, willing to work off hours when required
- Ability to effectively present information to management, clients, advisory boards and employees
Native Japanese and Fluent English
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Japan (JP) || || JP-13-TO Shiodome || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 250947