2nd Level Operations
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
Team Description & Purpose of Role
EMP stands for Ericsson Managed Player. It is an aaS OTT TV platform offering Live TV and VoD capabilities (plus associated services) to operators and broadcasters that need to deliver such services to their end-users. EMP enables OTT service on iOS, Adroid, Flash, HTML5, Chromecast, AppleTV, Smart TVs. The role consists of 2nd Level Support and DevOPS activities in cloase contact with EMP Development Team and Operational tasks as part of the service delivery towards the end-users. We are now looking for a Second Level Operations Specialist that will be responsible for the coordination, management, execution and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support than offered by the 1st level Operations. This person shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
The Second Level Engineer will be responsible for the coordination, management, execution and reactive maintenance activities and ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
Work with EMP Development team in order to deploy and configue EMP components during bi weekly sprints. Perform system administration tasks, preventive maintenance and task automation. Work with project teams when on-boarding new customers fulfiling tasks like: EMP features configuration, capacity planing, integration of customized or third party software.
This includes:- Operational support, troubleshotting, incident handling and root cause analysis
- Interact with other teams in order assess new opportunities and participate in requirements gathering.
- Solution analyze and effort estimate for the requests
- Provide work instructions and improvements of the processes.
- Management and implementation of new automatic scripts and applications
- Verify and implement configuration changes at the request of the customer or when is needed for performance reasons
- Coordinate and work together with other teams such as: 2nd line of support, 1st level support, Testing.
- Installation, tuning and troubleshooting of complex software applications
- Solid experience with Linux system administration (CentOS, CoreOS);
- Web server administration (Apache, Nginx);
- Proxy/loadbalancer server administration (Nginx, Haproxy);
- Database server administration (Postgresql, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, ElasticSearch);
- Shell scripting (bash);
- Experience with docker containerization;
- Experience with monitoring and troubleshooting tools (nagios, collectd, kibana, grafana etc.);- Experience with- Solid understanding of network protocols;
- Solid understanding of POSIX oriented Operating Systems;
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies (vmware, kvm, xen etc)
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills;
- Passionate about technology, always up to date with the latest developments;
Considered a plus
- Advanced database administration skills (replication, partitioning, high availability).- Experience with cloud infrastructures (Azure/AWS) Use the button below to add a standard footer.
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT; ProdMgt; SharedServ
Req ID: 250823