FPGA/ASIC Verification Engineer - Radio Product Development
This position is located in Ottawa, Ontario, in the Radio Algorithm Design & Implementation team. The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be verification of FPGA and/or ASIC designs for new multi-standard radio base station products for 5G, LTE, W-CDMA, and GSM networks.
The position may also involve modeling, RTL design, in-system lab bring up and testing, and other typical aspects of FPGA and/or ASIC development. The Ottawa team works very closely with other Radio development teams located in Sweden and China.
Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in FPGA/ASIC development, with a focus on verification using modern methodologies.
- Defining FPGA/ASIC verification strategies and specifications
- Implementing verification environments and test suites, using modern verification techniques, e.g. SystemVerilog, SystemVerilog with UVM, and/or Assertion Based Verification
- Measuring functional and code coverage, and driving closure to targets
- Communicating and documenting results in verification reports
- Collaborating with the Hardware and Software development teams, to understand requirements and drive optimal implementations with low defect rates
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of products, simulation tools and processes
- Supporting the deployment of new Radio products and features into customer networks
- Deep knowledge of SystemVerilog, UVM/OVM, and SVA
- Familiarity with modern FPGA device families and tools
- Experience with scripting languages and tools (TCL, Python, Perl, Make)
- Analytical mindset, high capacity, results oriented and the ability to deliver under pressure
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- A highly motivated self-starter, able to work independently, while being a team player
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, with demonstrated experience and knowledge in the above mentioned required skills areas
- Basic knowledge of wireless systems and 3GPP specifications
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing, DSP modeling, hardware realizations, and bit-exact verification techniques
- Mathematical analysis experience using Matlab or similar
- Experience in RTL design targeting FPGAs using SystemVerilog/Verilog/VHDL
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 250726