Vendor Technical Manager - OPO External Tools
We are now looking for a Vendor technical manager to maintain test tools products (units, nodes, networks, systems and solutions). Test Tool External team in Linköping is handling all external (3PP) tools for BID Test Tools. Examples of tools that are being handled and used are UE Simulators, Channel Simulators, Protocol Analyzers, Radio Simulator, etc.
Your role will include all development activities such as: requirement analysis, system design, architecture design, hardware design, software design, integration, verification, simulations, tools design, Product Lifecycle Management support and product documentation. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
- Participate or organize technical coordination meetings when required.
- Driving Integration and evaluation of test tools in LTE/GSM/WCDMA/NR environment.
- Technical support during negotiations with tool vendors.
- SPOC towards vendor for all stakeholder organizations requirements for new feature requests
- Acceptance Test of tool deliveries (new features)
- Coordinate Technical Support and Trouble shooting to tool users
- Inform tool users, stakeholders and sourcing about the tool.
- Manage stakeholders expectations including technical alignment
- Handle escalations/taskforces
- Market knowledge and expansion of portfolio
- Stay updated regarding other tool vendors on the market for to the relevant tool
- Cooperation with TMT on impact analysis of new requirements and CRs.
- Responsible for coordinating tool evaluations.
- Competence in Telecom and Datacom
- Good knowledge of features in LTE and Multi-Standard, 5G is plus
- Experience in Cloud (e.g. virtualization) solutions
- Experience in working with e.g. UE simulators, data generators
- Experience in automation of test cases
- Experience in Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD)
Human Skill competences:
- Negotiation and communication skills in written and spoken english
- Leadership in, and ability to drive change
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Working with People
- Relating and Networking
- Presentation skills
- Leadership skills.
Nice to have:
- UE simulators. Wireless Communications.
- Business analysis and negotiation skills.
If you feel that this is a match please submit your resume and personal letter in English!
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Linköping || R&D
Req ID: 250561