ECM Platform development and integration engineer
YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination.
Ericsson Hungary is looking for ECM Platform development and integration engineer.
Ericsson Cloud Manager (ECM) is a cloud management system that handles the life-cycle management of virtual applications. It also enables the creation, orchestration, activation, and monitoring of services running on virtualized IT and programmable network resources at consistent levels of quality. With ECM, cloud resources are no longer confined to a single data center, but rather are spread throughout the network, to help improve both internal operations and service quality. ECM provides a secure GUI that enables provider administrators, tenant administrators, subtenant administrators and tenant/subtenant users to create, manage and monitor their virtual resources.
- Software install - manual and automated
- Ownership of OS - customizations and packaging
- System Configuration & Commissioning - manual and automated
- Work with customer to establish commissioning data
- Upgrade planning/testing
- Migration scripting e.g. DB migration
- Ensure that the system and functional architecture priorities are consistently applied across the solution, presenting their strategic benefits and managing their use across the solution efficiently and effectively
- Self directed work style, provide leadership and mentorship to less experience professional staff
- Must have Linux, Oracle and web application server experience
- Must be familiar with OS install and database creation processes
- Must have a clear understanding of hypervisors and be familiar with the networking aspects of hypervisors
- Experience with Virtualization Infrastructure Managers such OpenStack or VMWare's VCenter
- Demonstrated skills in troubleshooting of Linux system
- Understanding Agile development methodologies
- Experience with building scalable high-performance software while still being highly configurable
- Good collaboration with development teams, including planning and estimation
- Effective interpersonal communication skills in a highly collaborative multi-national team environment
- Oracle 11.x +, JDBC/JTA, PL/SQL
- Java EE App Servers: JBOSS, Weblogic
- Linux/x86 (RedHat preferable, Ubuntu), Sun Solaris, HP-UX Itanium
- Hypervisors (ESXi, KVM)
- Virtual Infrastructure Managers (vCenter, OpenStack)
- Experience with Network Services and Network Function Virtualization and Telecom OSSs (Service Fulfillment and/or Assurance) is a plus
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 250426