At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for transforming data into a format that can be easily analyzed and to provide a solid base for data analytics
- Expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams and for various flows and processes
- Collaborate with business and process owners to understand business issues, and with engineers to implement and deploy scalable solutions, where applicable
Main accountabilities – you will:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing ways of working
- Where applicable, create Automations that should be integrated in current solutions and ways of working
Technical Skills - you have:
- Previous experience on a similar job (at least 3 years)
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Strong experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores, ‘data lake’ and other latest architectures.
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Technology, Information Systems or another equivalent field of expertise.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including T-SQL, PL-SQL and Postgres.
- Good experience in administrating Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012
- Good command of programming languages - any of the object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, .NET, C#, etc.
- Considered a plus: experience with big data/visualization tools like Hadoop, Hive, Cloudera, Tableau, Spark etc.
Soft Skills - you are:
- Creative & innovative
- Keen on learning
- Willing tp apply expertise and technology
- Willing to present & communicate information
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Work from home and flexible work schedule
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT; R&D; SharedServ
Req ID: 250354