Master Cloud DevOps Engineer
YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business, and society.
Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination.
Ericsson Hungary is looking for Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer.
We are looking for a senior DevOps engineer for Ericsson Cloud Execution Environment (CEE) who can join our team that is developing & maintaining our OpenStack based network function virtualization (NFV) platform. Our product is the virtualization, control, and management layer in the Ericsson Cloud System portfolio. It is a cloud platform securing that several applications, such as virtual network functions, can effectively share the infrastructure resources in terms of compute, storage, and network.
Your role will be to integrate open source components and Ericsson proprietary add-ons and through verification ensure that the parts are working together in customer environment. At the same time, you will be able to constantly learn new cutting edge open source technologies, gain experience in various areas of product development, integration, verification, maintenance and support. Beside this you can deepen your knowledge in DevOps ways of working and enterprise product delivery.
You will love this role if you like playing with Linux, integrating and configuring components, writing scripts, troubleshooting, documenting, verifying on real hardware as well as in virtual environment and eventually coding to achieve a smoothly working and well-integrated product. More-or-less everything that a DevOps engineer can dream of who loves to rock in a fast-changing environment.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Design and integrate infrastructure from open source components and perform troubleshooting in internal as well as in customer networks
- Take part in the full development cycle from system design, through development, integration, verification, and deployment to customer support
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes
- Constantly develop your competences
- Fluency in English both written and oral
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or extensive experience in related area
- Strong hands-on mentality and flexibility to perform whatever task that needs to be done in the software development cycle
- Solid understanding of software development, from design and architecture through verification, release, and customer support
- Significant experience with Linux system administration
- Significant experience in programming and shell scripting (e.g., Python, bash)
- Passion and engagement in constantly making things better
You have a big plus if you have significant experience in the areas below:
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and test automation (e.g., Tempest)
- Configuration management (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack)
- DevOps tools (e.g., Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, job DSL, MaaS)
- IP networking concepts and packet analysis (e.g., Ethernet, TCP/IP, wireshark / tcpdump)
- Virtualization (e.g., KVM, QEMU, libvirt) and Cloud technologies (e.g., OpenStack, Docker)
- Agile methodologies (e.g., Kanban, XP)
What we offer:
- Unique company culture that gives you a flexible environment where you can thrive mastery and find your purpose
- Our slogans are trust, responsibility, and freedom: we trust you to take responsibility in driving your tasks to the end and in return we offer flexible working hours and lots of freedom in how to achieve your goals
- Our office, the Ericsson House is located in Infopark, the heart of Budapest Silicon Valley (between Petőfi híd and Rákóczi híd)
- Constant learning, professional trainings, meetups, and continuing education
- Conference visits to our strongly supported conferences in Budapest, such as CRAFT / STRETCH / CRUNCH / AMUSE / HUSTEF
- Lots of opportunities for personal growth in almost whatever direction you want to build your future career in IT
- Competitive salary and compensation package
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 250352