4G5G Embedded Software Development (Experienced)
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
This role consists of designing, implementing and integrating functionalities for Ericsson’s products. The role requires the employee to:
- Develop software, implementing new functionalities in C / C++ / Java code, often in a multi-core target environment
- Perform continuous analysis and requirements Handling
- Apply knowledge of Real-Time Software development and wireless communication protocols (e.g. LTE, WCDMA)
- Work in a lab environment to trouble-shoot and integrate complex new pieces of software.
- Perform software deliveries using a software version control system
- Develop automated test cases to ensure existing functionality is never degraded by new software
- Document all system analysis, software designs and test plans
- Follow an Agile product development process, working collaboratively in small cross-functional teams.
Must have two or more years of:
- Embedded/real-time development experience including debugging tools
- Strong C/C++ coding skills
- Demonstrated experience in product life cycle: design-code-troubleshoot
- Wireless and telecom product experience
- Development experience on a major wireless standard (LTE, WCDMA, WiMAX, WLAN)
- Experience working with software configuration management tools (e.g. Git, Clearcase)
- LTE specific development experience
- Scripting experience (Perl, Python for example)
- Software development in a multi-core deployment scenario.
Education/Experience: requires B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Product Development Knowledge
- Product Life Cycle Management Knowledge
- Business Understanding
- Lean & Agile Knowledge and Skills
- Working with People
- Relating & Networking
- Adapting & Responding to Change
- Creating & Innovating
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Planning and Organizing
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- BSc level in a technical discipline or the equivalent level of knowledge
- English Skills
- Knowledge Sharing & Collaboration Skills
- Communication Skills
- Coaching & Mentoring Skills
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || ProdMgt
Req ID: 249883