Manager of RAN Portfolio team
This position is to address the market growth demand on LTE and 5G RAN area of Ericsson in China and Region North East Asia, as the first line manager of RAN portfolio team, with focus on 5G network RAN architecture evolution area. The candidate will be responsible to drive both global and local RAN portfolio requirements. The strong technical driving capability, as well as people management skill are required.
RAN portfolio manager team is taking the key role to drive both technology and business growth in Ericsson organization, interfacing customer, internal R&D, sales, service, and Ericsson global counterpart. Both technical competence and business sense are important for this role. As the first line manager of this team, you will be responsible to drive the whole team to achieve the business result. The position offers the unique opportunity to expand the competence area and strengthen the industry presence for the successful candidate.
Drive the team to be responsible for providing detailed & deep technical knowledge in technologies, products &/or services. To be responsible for proactive & business minded support for establishment & improvement of business for the products or services. To be responsible for supporting Key Account Managers in generating & and long-term profitable business for Ericsson by working closely with or as part of the Core3 teams in sales, design & delivery of customer projects, & in technical problem solving to translate identified opportunities into detailed technical offering, & proposals.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Lead the portfolio team with the focus on 5G RAN network architecture evolution E2E portfolio offering
- Position Ericsson as technology leader, communicate and discuss Ericsson’s technology strategy and vision with customer CTO/CIO and direct reports.
- Provide sales support expertise with the team towards market units
- Responsible for continuously building up the required competence and skill sets to meet future market needs
- Collaborative toward colleagues within Networks and other teams
- Lead & act with authority and confidence
- Contribute to knowledge sharing, ensure the customer vision & strategy including implications on Ericsson’s technology and solutions is communicated to the ones in need at Business Units, Group Function, and Ericsson Research
- Team and people management skill
- Strong technology foundation
- Driving capability
- Technical Sales Support Expertise
- Presentation & communication skills
- Consultative Selling Skills
- Market Insight
- Customer Insight
- Project Management
- Minimum 5 years in Technology, Solutions, and/or product management experience in telecoms industry
- Education: Master or above is preferred
- Project management & line management experience is a plus
- Commercial and/or sales experience is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of assigned area
- Business Understanding
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Beijing || ServEng
Req ID: 249549