Network Transport Manager
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
The portfolio encompasses the all aspects of Transport Network from "IP Core & Access Networks” and "Packet backbone networks" which pave the way for IP introduction and our endeavor to reach an all IP and convergent networks of future. With an eye on the future, we try to build up a strong competent team to perform/develop process for IP Network design & Optimization.
Key Responsibilities Technical Requirements
- Develop Transport Network Engineering (optimization & design) solution processes for managed service customer - solution should include Microwave in Access , IP RAN in Metro & DWDM in Core
- Develop Automation/Tools for various IP Network engineering services
- Support IP Network design/optimization service delivery.
- Synchronize IP processes for all Network Engineering
- Develop performance monitoring & Optimization process for complete Network.
- Optimization of packet-based nodes and networks for 2G, 3G, LTE networks based on Customer's and Ericsson requirements.
- Participate and add value in various Operations meetings to agree SLA/WLA between NPI & Operations.
- Interact with Customer about network solutions
- Candidate should be able to understand the customer queries & proactively act on the same
- Excellent communication skills
- Actively look for new Leads & better solutions
- Knowledge of Fibre Planning is a added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in telecommunications engineering, IT or computer engineering or electronics or electrical.
- At least 10 -12 years of relevant experience in Transport Domain with at least 2-3 years in managing teams in order to handle E2E Transport Delivery.
- Strong, proven knowledge of relevant technologies with at least 5-8 years of hands-on skills and experience in IP networks within telecommunications (preferably service provider) domain. Along with it candidate must have relevant knowledge of E2E Transport Network – right from access Microwave to the DWDM in the Core Network
- Good knowledge, skills and hands-on experience in detailed design.
- Strong knowledge of the fundamentals as well as the latest trends in the evolution of the GSM, GPRS & IP technologies.
- Strong experience with IP network design
- Hands-on Experience for IP Network / Microwave Optimization
- Ability to verify & validate Access & IPRAN Network Design.
- Good Knowledge of performance counter, QOS & Capacity Utilization etc for MPBN Network
- Good product Knowledge like ZTE , Huawei Transport Equipment’s etc including Routers /Microwaves / Optical Equipment
- Hands on Experience of Network management systems
- Open standards like 3GPP, IETF, IEEE, ITU etc. Knowledge of TEC GR on the relevant products.
- Knowledge on Applications like DNS, DHCP, ENUM, Radius/AAA, Subscriber Provisioning, Databases, LDAP, SQL, SBC, Firewall/IDS/IDP, NTP, DPI, Policy controller etc.
- Should have good understanding of routing protocols and technologies like VRRP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, LDP, RSVP, BFD, CSC, ATM, FR, SONET, Metro, GTP, IPv6 etc.
- Good understanding of Wireless systems in general and GSM/GPRS packet data nodes in specific.
- Good Understanding of various call flows within GSM/WCDMA and interconnection of packet data nodes (namely SGSN/GGSN/packet charging etc.)
- Knowledge of packet product portfolio used by Ericsson.
- Knowledge of EMS/NMS System architecture
- DCN planning for third party product (MW, Optical/WDM Nodes)
- Good understanding of PDH/SDH/WDM Products and technologies
- CCNA/CCNP and similar certifications will be added advantage.
- Good knowledge & skills on Operation and maintenance / Integration / support/Provisioning of Microwave and Optical nodes in both EMS/NMS.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.