We are now looking for an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Engineer. You will plan and operate the software and hardware solutions for the internal Ericsson users. As an ICT Engineer, you will ensure a stable environment and optimize the solutions/services to the agreed service levels in a cost efficient and timely manner.
Additional services required by the customer are handled on a case by case basis.
- You will create cost effective solutions through activities in network design, planning and deployment
- You will configure and integrate nodes and solutions into networks (new and existing)
- You will also provide insights and best practices in terms of how our products should support deployment in virtual environments and clouds, based on the product specific deployment strategy.
- You are interested in contributing to continuous improvements in the organization
- You understand the need of automation to make existing and new solutions cost effective
- Education: Master’s or Bachelor´s Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies/infrastructure/IP Networks
- Knowledge in Software programming/scripting in general e.g. Python, shell
- IT Processes and tools
- Since we work in a global environment English skills is a must
- Knowledge and experience in designing a modern cloud architecture with containers and Kubernetes
- Understanding of different Software operating systems
- Understanding of agile development
It is an advantage if you have
- Knowledge and experience about OpenStack
- Experience in tools like ansible and terraform is a bonus
- Knowledge in Software development and test environments in large companies
- Some years of experience in software development industry
- ITTIL certification
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications reach out to the recruiter, Sara Andersson, email@example.com
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Karlskrona || IT; R&D
Req ID: 249481