Provide technical support for New Product Introduction, Transfer Product Introduction as well as in-house volume production, Perform production test verification for tester HW&SW. Provide sustaining support on yield improvement and product failure root cause analysis.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Provide test technical support to NPI (New Product Introduction), TPI (Transfer Product Introduction), in-house volume production, other Ericsson Supply Sites and EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Service).
- Provide test technical support to repair centers in Ericsson globally.
- Analysis tester HW related yield loss and guide technician to improve maintenance.
- Perform test SW production verification, issue TR (trouble report) to support test developer by analysis yield loss.
- Be the key member of FRAG (Failure Rate Analysis Group) to drive the failure analysis and find the root cause of critical issues and take actions to solve test related problems.
- Instruct and certify test technicians and trouble shooters and provide technical support if needed.
- Support product quality improvement with the close collaboration with Production Quality Engineer, Product Quality Leader, Customer Quality Manager and Supplier Quality Engineer.
- Work together with Product Change Leader on the implementation of Chang Request and product verification.
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation in product and test from Production/Supply side.
- Collaborate with PDU (Product Design Unit) to perform reliability test to improve product robustness
- University degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication or equivalent
- Proficient with operation of RF instruments such as signal generator, vector network analyzer, spectrum analyzer and power meter etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of RF and RF design. RF design experience will be nice plus.
- A minimum of two years working experience at least in one of following areas such as Transceiver, Antenna, Filter or Power Amplifier
- Fluent oral and written communications in both Chinese and English
- Proven good record of accountability, open mind, learning capacity, team working spirit and problem solving attitude
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Nanjing || Supply&Log
Req ID: 249292