BSS/ OSS Program Director
The Program Director oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of a program including overall financial responsibility, planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling overall program activities and correlated projects.
- Leadership skills
- Consultative skills
- Financial understanding
- Business understanding
- Sales & business development skills
- Customer insight
- Negotiation & argumentation skills
- Project management skills
- Problem solving
- Presentation & communication skills
- Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
- Persuading & Influencing
- Leading & Supervising
- Relating & Networking
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Planning & Organizing
- Stakeholder Management
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- PMI certifications (PMP, PgMP)
- Project Sales Process
- Contract management
- 3PP management experience
- BSS/OSS Full Stack Experience
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Director performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Plan the program
- Full knowledge of the client contract ruling the program.
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Develop funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services aligned with the unadjusted margin expected targets.
Organize the program
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Develop forms and records to document program activities
- Develop program key performance indexes to ensure the program is executed according to its overall financial and delivery targets.
- Develop and promote a culture of replication of best practices across the program correlated projects as well as to ensure the knowledge learned in the program is shared with organizations outside the program.
Staff the program
- Align and secure the appropriate resources of the program with the resources owners inside the organization.
- In consultation with the program sponsors and leadership team stakeholders, engage, interview and select well-qualified program staff. Raise issues related to lack of resources, resources’ competences, and external recruitment whenever needed, to deliver the program.
- Implement the human resources policies, procedures and practices of the organization
- Ensure that personnel files for the program are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Establish and implement a performance management process for all program staff
- Establish drivers and key players within the program for appropriate program activities to ensure the success of the program delivery.
- Ensure that all program staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the programs
Lead the program
- Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards
- Supervise program staff by providing direction, input and feedback
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
- Liaise with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
Control the program
- Ensure a comprehensive communication plan is in place as well as ensure progress reports are created in accordance to the appropriate set of stakeholders, such as clients, leadership team, program sponsors, and overall stakeholders.
- Communicate with sponsors as outlined in funding agreements
- Ensure that the program operate within the approved budget
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the program sponsors and leadership team on a regular basis and whenever necessary.
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date
- Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for program sponsors are prepared as outlined in funding agreements
- Provide required information to have invoices generated and submitted according to the established timelines and billing milestones
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct regular program assessments according to the program assessment framework
- Promote the culture of unadjusted margin improvement across the program staff during course of the program.
- Report program assessment findings to the program sponsors and leadership team and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
- Monitor, take actions and escalate any program deviations to program sponsors and leadership team, especially financial deviations.
- University degree in a related subject
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of program management
- Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area
- Knowledge of the most relevant technologies in the ICT market.
The Program Director should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- 5-10 years of experience in Program Management
- Fluent English
- BSS/OSS experience is a must
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Mexico (MX) || || Mexico City || IT
Req ID: 248752