Wintel System Administrator
Wintel System Administrator
Red Bee Media is a global media business, which has more than 2000 employees based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, US, Spain and Australia.
We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere, through an agile, innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with world class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry. We work with both public service broadcasters and major commercial clients including the BBC, NBC, ITV, C4, Canal+, and many clients in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Russia and China among others. We work with local market channels, pan-European channels, global channels and every combination in between and we understand the complexities of each.
The Infrastructure Operations Team is a global team responsible for maintaining and supporting the network, storage and compute infrastructure across all sites, ensuring a world class service is delivered for our customers. The local team in Netherlands is responsible for the ongoing operation, maintenance and life-cycle management of all local Network, Storage & Microsoft/Vmware based platforms that enable the delivery of cost effective & reliable solutions to meet both end user computing and broadcast requirements for Red Bee Media.
You will report to the Head of Infrastructure Operations and will develop strong relationships with colleagues in the wider Infrastructure team and other technical support teams as well as providing direction for a team of 2nd line technical resources in our Global Service Centre. You will draw on their knowledge and use these resources to achieve your goals.
The existing environment is diverse and complex with a mix of both current and legacy platforms and as such you will take ownership for a number of services within the Network, Storage, Wintel & VMware technical areas. You will drive improvements, ensure best practice is adhered to, promote team working, ensure good communication and prioritise workload to help maintain stability of all systems, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction. You will ensure that any new system deployments are handed over to operations in accordance with procedure and you will sign off acceptance and accept operational responsibility. You will provide 3rd line operational support in a 24x7 environment and will be required to participate in an out-of-hour’s on-call support rota.
Experience & Knowledge
The post-holder must have substantial experience in each of the following areas:
- Strong infrastructure 3rd line support experience and ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues in complex system and network infrastructures
- Expert knowledge of all aspects of an enterprise-level Microsoft environment: AD, GPO’s, Windows Server operating systems and core infrastructure components (file/print, PKI, NPS, DFS & data migrations). MCSE/P certification would be an advantage
- Detailed knowledge of and extensive experience supporting VMware environments
- Strong knowledge of, and experience supporting enterprise storage and backup environments, including SAN’s, storage arrays & tape libraries
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and routing (layer2/3)
- Ability to identify core server applications for migration and propose effective solutions
- Rigorous and disciplined approach to documentation and knowledge transfer
- An understanding of ITIL and experience working in a change controlled environment
Additional highly desirable skills and Experience for post-holder:
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with enterprise archive environments, namely Oracle tape libraries & DIVArchive
- Good understanding of Linux operating systems & integration with AD
- Significant demonstrable experience scripting in Powershell
- Significant experience with MS server products: SCCM, SQL Server
- Knowledge of project work and methodologies, focussing on rigid handover processes
The post holder should exhibit:
- Strong ownership and sense of responsibility
- Ability to multi-task in a complex dynamic environment with regularly changing priorities
- Experience of Senior Management liaison and of presenting information of a complex technical nature to a variety of audiences
- A strong commitment to detailed documentation and a desire for sharing and cross skilling to eliminate single points of failure and enhance team capability
- Deep understanding of customer service with the ability to view systems in terms of service provision rather than discrete technical components, and should see technology as a business enabler
- An understanding that the role of a technical specialist will occasionally require the flexibility to work out-of-hours and take ownership of service affecting issues until a satisfactory resolution is reached
- An ability to take an evidence-based approach to problems and developments, gather data and demonstrate how proposed solutions will provide optimal outcomes
- Understanding and appreciation of a formalised service management approach (ITIL for example), including an understanding of incident, problem and change management
- A very high standard of written and spoken English to help facilitate all the above
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Netherlands (NL) || || Hilversum || IT
Req ID: 248648