R&D Software Developer
Title: R&D SW engineer
We are looking for highly motivated young or senior professionals, passionate about SW aiming for an international and enriching working environment. Within R&D we work with cutting edge technologies that we renew on the go as we embrace new systems and tech.
You will work with technologies such as containers, cloud, multiclustered systems, microservices, continuous integration and continuous delivery, digitalization of activities, agile... among others. You will be part of a self-organized team including top professionals to learn from (+ specific individual learning support).
What you will actually do:
You will work for Madrid R&D site to develop 4G/5G mobile system core products. You will become an R&D engineer as part of the R&D Ericsson global development community.
- Bachelor degree in Telco, Computer Science, or close.
- Linux fan: do you use linux over windows? This is your place.
- Willing to, or being already proficient in programming of open-platform, real-time and high-available systems, as well as scripting.
- Valuable: contributing to open source projects: Linux, Kernel, computing foundation, Openvswitch, Cloud native, C++
- Willing to share knowledge and learn (curious!!)
- Good communication skills and open personality
- Fluent in English
Competences of extra value:
- C/C++ programming on Linux/Unix.
- Scripting: Python or similar
- TCP/IP Networking and evolution transport protocols (like QUIC), data networks and IP-based applications (HTTP, HTTPS, ..).
- Cloud native software stacks and execution environments: VMware, AWS, Swarm, Kubernetes, others..
- Capacity to investigate and debug complex issues. Including performance tuning experience, troubleshooting, core dump analysis, …
- Knowledge in operating system architectures and capacity to model scalable designs and solutions
- Knowledge in Mobile network architecture 4G/5G. Interfaces, protocols, functions,..
- Knowledge in real time data analytics algorithms.
You will contribute to an inspiring global project working for a great company:
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Tag: MELA HJ
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Spain (ES) || || Madrid || SharedServ
Req ID: 247933