2nd Level Operations Network and Security
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
A 2nd line person has to support and fixed all BUSINESS AS USUAL related issues in complex enterprise systems, based on handover (training & documentation) from Tech Delivery teams. This would require a very good level of understanding and experience of MS/Linux servers, networking & storage, which would be assumed knowledge. They should understand how we use certain technologies, follow the guidelines & be able to resolve issues quickly or collate precise information for escalation to 3rd line. 2nd Line Engineer should take ownership of issues through to resolution and communicate to the customer.
This role is for a System Engineer that will operate, maintain, and expand the IT systems (platforms) providing Live and On Demand video services for a Pan European operator from the centralized NOC
Main accountabilities – you will:
- Support and manage entire architecture(Linux Based) for Video services
- Performs configurations and implementation (deployment) of various components both on physical and virtual hardware
- Perform integration between various components
- Supports capacity and planning modelling against requirements
- Actively participate and coordinate tests to verify new platform functionality
- Assist affiliates in setting up operational procedures to run/implement new functionality
- Provides knowledge transfer
- Provides handover documentation
- Provide expertise in analysis of major incident root cause and follow up with vendors and other Corporate teams as needed
- Troubleshoot and identify software bugs, perform root cause analysis on performance issues as needed.
- Provide feedback to the T&I teams (Technology, Product, IT ) concerning performance and capacity of the interactive platform in production.
- Work closely with the NOC department and NMS team to set the requirements for alarm management.
- Application support on Linux and Solaris systems.
- Administering MySQL databases, Perl and PHP application scripts, and storage systems
- Develop custom scripts for the automation of certain operational tasks and service monitoring of the Interactive Video solutions.
- Substantial experience of implementing, supporting and troubleshooting complex enterprise-level Microsoft and Linux based systems in a fast paced commercial environment, with the ability to resolve issues or escalate in a concise manner
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Experience with a RESTful architecture
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to see at both the helicopter view and focus on detail if required
- Familiarity with micro-services based architecture and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of CDN technologies and next generation CDN technologies is a plus
- Understanding of IP and broadcast networking as well as data center infrastructure.
- Full understanding of internet protocols like HTTP, HTPP/2, RTP, RTCP, RTSP, RTMP, UDP, ARP, ICMP,
- Experience in Media Delivery Platform & Content Protection implementation of B2C video services is a plus
- Experience with working in an international and distributed team environment is a plus
- Experience in technical delivery management
- Understanding of entertainment technology & ecosystem from Video Head-End (DVB technologies) & Media Delivery Platforms, and Apps (IOS, Android, HTML5) is a plus
- Familiarity around Video CAS, DRM, Video back-ends, workflows, CMS, security services, Application Services, CDN, Ad Insertion, broadband data, home networking, TV, VoD, cDVR is a plus
- Familiarity with Audio and Video coding/decoding technologies is a plus
- Familiarity with related IT systems (OSS & BSS)
- Substantial experience of providing 2nd-3rd line operational support in a 24x7 Environment
- Substantial experience in supporting VMware environments
- In-depth knowledge of standard Linux tools & scripting languages (e.g Ruby, Bash, Perl, Python)
- Substantial experience of systems automation, configuration management, automated server builds and monitoring tools. e.g: Puppet, Jenkins
- Experience of configuring and maintaining a range of common server applications, including Apache, Samba, Tomcat, JBoss, IIS, MS SQL, sharepoint, etc
- Understanding of network security practices including the use of VPNs, ACLs and firewalls
- Rigorous and disciplined approach to documentation, and knowledge transfer.
- Knowledge &/or experience of using Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Experience of Senior Management liaison and of presenting information of a complex technical nature to a variety of audiences
- Experience of Client liaison, including acting as a Technical representative in meetings with a Client’s technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to process and present complex system information in a clear and concise fashion for escalation to senior teams for prompt issue resolution.
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; SharedServ
Req ID: 247045