Senior Software Developer for Cloud and Virtualization
Your Role in Ericsson:
Ericsson IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) is a core network solution that delivers rich real-time communication services for both consumer and business users over any access network and for any device types, including smartphones, tablets, wearables, laptops and fixed phones. Examples of communication services are HD voice (VoLTE), Wi-Fi calling, enriched messaging, enriched calling with pre-call info, video calling, HD video conferencing and web communication. Virtualized Network Function (VNF) based IMS networks are deployed globally. Our team in Finland is part of IMS development organization working with these VNFs as well as cloudification of the VNFs.
We're now looking for enthusiastic software developers who have fresh ideas and strong skills from high-end technology areas, such as cloud computing, real-time, large-scale distributed systems, networking and data storage, security, machine learning and data stream processing. With your technical expertise you will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions that power future networks. You’re confident about your technical skills and you are ready to tackle challenges working together with your agile team on virtualized network functions and cloud technologies. We are at the moment looking for a person having strong competence about VMware as well as programming and scripting experience. Our expectation is to find an enthusiastic professional to drive and implement test automation within our product development.
- MSc/BSc degree in Computer Science, Communication engineering, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- At least 4 years of general software programming experience in C, C++, Java or Python
- You have a good touch with one or more of the following: Cloud computing platforms (especially VMware and Openstack), Linux Containers, Kubernetes
- Knowledge and interest on test automation and scripting
- Knowledge of IP and network programming
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Comfortable with modern software development tools such as Git, Gerrit, Jenkins etc
Seen as advantage:
- Large systems software design and development experience
- Cloud application programming
- VNF development experience
- Experience with open source projects
- Experience with cloud and application platforms, AWS, Google Cloud, MS Azure
- Experience on Big data and analytics
- Experience with Software Defined Networking, Network Function Virtualization, OpenFlow
What we offer you:
- Possibility to build your career; learn and develop in a truly international company with colleagues from 40 different countries in our Jorvas office only
- Possibility to shape the future and build the Networked Society
- Competitive Ericsson benefit package
- Different clubs and other leisure activities with amazing colleagues; free gym and tennis & football field just to mention a few
Learn more about working at Ericsson Finland:
Apply now or at the latest 10th December!
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Finland (FI) || || Jorvas, Kirkkonummi || IT
Req ID: 245894