Senior Software Developer to Linux/Kernel team in Packet Core UPF Infrastructure
YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society. Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination.
Ericsson Hungary is looking for Senior Software Developers.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Developer with deep understanding of Linux Kernel to develop and maintain the platform of our Evolved Packet Gateway and Wi-Fi Gateway product portfolio. Our Journey towards 5G and Cloud Native world requires a stable platform to ensure smooth operations and fast development flow. Hence our Kernel team has strategic importance and responsibility. If you feel you are up to the challenge and you love Linux and have very good understanding of it, then don't hesitate to apply for this position.
- Be the point of contact and technical expert towards our stakeholder in Linux related questions
- Work together with the Product Owner to define engineering requirements fro mmarket needs
- Develop new functionalities.
- Maintian the products that have already been on the market and are used by customers from all over the world
- Develop competence and teach/coach young engineers
- Education: BSc or MSc preferably in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (Others can be accepted, but be very good in these fields)
- Min years of experience: 5
- Domain experience: Linux Kernel
- Product development knowledge and Product Lifecycle knowledge
- Working with people and good social skills
- Innovating, adapting and responding to change
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Planning and Organizing
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, several parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
1117 Budapest, Magyar Tudósok Körútja 11.
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests (C, C + +, Java, Networking, Testing skills, Linux, Basic Programming) based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.