Media R&D Developer
TV is changing forever, and Mediakind (former Ericsson Mediafirst) is leading the revolution. Today's TV experience exceeds the boundaries of the traditional living room screen and reaches a variety of personal and portable devices. Smart phones and tablets have become integral to watching TV and video, and in the near future other more innovative devices will participate in the ecosystem. Similarly, the business and licensing boundaries that segregated the worlds of linear television from the Internet are being abated, offering consumers a much wider set of choices and options. Finally, consumers are learning how to find relevant content through powerful semantic tools and natural interaction. As leader of the IPTV market, we are building this future today. Are you ready to join us?
A Visual designer is responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact. The role involves understanding requirement and their needs before making design decisions.
- Define a comprehensive visual system that embodies our brand. Refine the visual system in fresh, interesting and inspiring ways as we scale and evolve.
- Collaborate with product, business, and technology partners to define MediaKind's experience.
- Translate interaction, visual and motion design artifacts into implementation-ready assets and detailed specifications/documents (for an audience including nondesigners);
- Ensure the quality of detailed visual design throughout all phases of a project.
- Contribute to the creation of design guidelines and digital brand manuals.
- Work closely with engineers to ensure the feasibility of your visual concepts and the fidelity of the final output.
- Create standard and reusable visual components and interface elements.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, visual mock-ups, click-throughs, and prototypes.
- Deliver production assets that are memory and performance-optimized for TV, tablets and smart phones.
- You are meticulous down to the pixel.
- 5 - 8 years of experience in designing and maintaining visual language systems for digital products and services.
- Familiarity with TV platform, Understanding of TV, tablet and smartphone design requirements such as form factors, screen resolutions, aspect ratios, pixel density and interaction models.
- Strong understanding of visual design principals and visual execution.
- Deep understanding of Sketch, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, Zeplin, Invision, Flinto.
- Strong and flexible skills in visual design; additional skills in interaction design a plus.
- Experience designing motion graphics with tools such as Animate CC or Adobe After Effects a plus.
- Experience in the agile process of software development; working with development teams, providing specifications and visual assets.
- Strong Verbal/written communication skills.