Mobile OSS Customer Support Engineer
As a Customer Support Engineer in our PDU OSS Organization you will play an important part in successfully delivering telecommunication projects globally.
You will be part of the Mobile OSS support organisation & will be responsible for supporting the OSS portfolio globally. This exciting role involves daily contact with Ericssons growing customer base of the world’s top telecom operators.
- Provide Support on the Mobile OSS Product Portfolio as part of the M-OSS customer support Organisation
- Work Effectively in a team to solve complex issues
- Feed information from customer installations back into product design
- Participate in taskforces to solve persistent or blocking issues
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Participate in on-call rota as requested
- Flexibility to travel may be required from time to time
We are looking for candidates that have skills in the following areas:
- At least 5 years Unix/ Solaris or Linux experience.
- Databases: Administration of object, relational or graphing databases (5+ years’ proven experience)
- Experience with HP blade & EMC SAN solutions
- Networks: Experience of some of: ATM/IP, GPRS, GSM, WCDMA, LTE, IMS from either a telecom manufacturing company or telecom network operator is essential
- Scripting / Programming: Java, Perl, CORBA, SQL
- Proven TCP/IP and Veritas skills (Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Cluster)
- 5+ years of troubleshooting experience in OSS RC/ENIQ
- Experience in ENM is an advantage
- Bachelors or higher degree (preferably in Engineering or Computer Science) strongly preferred
- The successful candidates will have excellent communication and documentation skills, good team working and problem solving skills
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || || Athlone || R&D
Job details: Developer Job Stage 06