2nd Level Linux System Administrator
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
We are now looking for a Second Level Infrastructure Cloud Engineer that will be responsible for the coordination, management, execution and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support than offered by the 1st level Operations. This person shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
Main accountabilities – you will:
- Effectively plans executes activities in 2st level Assurance Infrastructure team in order to deliver according to the WLA in place and with customer expectations all service deliverables at the correct quality parameters, respecting all GSC processes in place;
- Acts as KPI & SLA Operational responsible (ticket life cycle responsible for the Infrastructure area);
- Minimizes the service impact in case of technical issues that affect the customer’s network, both reactive and preventive;
- Supports Infrastructure team in critical and high incidents, available also out of business hours (oncall duty)
- Responsible for Business Continuity procedures execution in Infrastructure area
- Responsible for knowledge transfer from 2nd Level Assurance – Infrastructure towards 1st Level Assurance teams
- Checks and reviews new OPI-s from the technical and process point of view;
- Responsible for structuring and maintaining a unique repository with technical documentation for the Infrastructure area; Drives and coordinates technical workshops with 1st Level Assurance team;
- Good Knowledge 2nd Level Assurance Support Activities, 2nd Level Incident Management, Problem Management, System Administration, 2nd Level Infrastructure Operations
- Minimum 3 years with good System Administration experience in a large production environment (vendor, operator, and technology-related industries). Person having knowledge of Linux and virtualization, with a background in database administration would be preferred
- Bachelor of Engineering in Telecommunication / Electronics or equivalent university degree
- GSM & UMTS TELCO Architecture (would be a plus)
- Troubleshooting/Problem Solving
- Solid production environment experience
- Trouble Ticket Management
- BSS system understanding would be a plus
- Solid work experience, both from hardware and OS point of view, with servers covering different vendors (HP, Dell, IBM) and OS types (Linux: RedHat and variants, Debian and variants)
- Virtualization technologies: VMWare (VCenter, ESXi), OpenStack;
- Virtual switch administration (standard and distributed);
- Scripting experience ( Shell scripting, Python)
- Automation tools knowledge: Ansible, Puppet, Salt;
- TCP/IP protocols knowledge;
- Strong knowledge of system administration, scripting and administration of day-to-day activities on various technology OS-es;
- Preferred knowledge of customer business processes and frameworks for telecom best practice (ITIL processes);
- Good understanding of datacenter management and engineering, including working with lights out solutions from different vendors;
- Knowledge of automation and container technologies;
- Analytical approach to problems and to have ability to work under pressure;
- Be enthusiastic, motivated and a team player;
- Have strong customer focus and have effective presentation and communication skills;
- Have strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills;
- Be able to work independently and be self-motivated;
- Ability to persuade and mobilize internal/external resources to fulfill customer requirements;
- Ability to provide clear and concise reports/feedback to peers and management, adapting the style of communication appropriately to the audience/receivers;
- Solution thinker and problem identifier;
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Contact person: Daniela Vladulescu
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; SharedServ
Req ID: 242489