Senior Solution Architect / Cross-Domain Architect
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 115,000 employees
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
In this role, you will be:
- Working with network solutions based on latest cloud/virtualization technologies with telecom and IT applications as well as network orchestration solutions
- Involved/driving network transformation programs for major telecom operators in Australia
- Leading team of technical people for implementation of complex network solution across multiple product domains.
- Designing network solutions that are scalable, robust and cost effective. that will fulfil operators’ technical and business requirements
- Involved/driving network optimization programs for large networks based on latest communication technologies
- Opportunities for competence development in new technologies 5G, Containers, Kubernetes, MANO, etc.
- Supporting product and delivery teams to ensure designed solutions are developed and deployed effectively to meet objectives
- Understanding system workflows to produce technical solutions to integrate vendor solutions to systems
- Involvement in pre-sales activities for new network solution and expansion of existing ones. Providing services scoping guidelines for implementation of complex network solutions
- Cooperation with Ericsson product units on establishing customer network solutions
- Engaging business stakeholders in understanding potential technologies capabilities
- Managing customer expectations that will ensure implementation of customer solutions within agreed time, scope and cost.
- Working under tight time schedules
- Cooperation with 3PP solution vendors/suppliers for establishment and integration of 3PP network solutions
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in IT, Computer Engineering, Engineering or equivalent
- Proven experience working on Cloud Infrastructure / NFV projects
- Experience designing scalable architectures within cloud architectures such as AWS
- Solid understanding of development and solution design principles and non-functional requirements
- Strong analytical mind and ability to break down problems to design appropriate solutions
- Positive attitude to problem solving and ability to work within teams to find solutions
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders
- Solid communication skills written and verbal and ability to break down solutions with different diagram techniques
- Strong initiative and self-starter able to investigate current landscape and find information to produce suitable solution design
- Technical delivery across the entire software lifecycle
- Solid understanding of the web: protocols, web architectures, infrastructure, load balancing and high availability and designing for horizontal scale
- Passion for technology and designing elegant solutions
Ericsson offers a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Sydney || IT
Req ID: 238507