Senior Software Developer for Continuous Integration
Your Role in Ericsson:
Ericsson IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) is a core network solution that delivers rich real-time communication services for both consumer and business users over any access network and for any device types, including smartphones, tablets, wearables, laptops and fixed phones. Examples of communication services are HD voice (VoLTE), Wi-Fi calling, enriched messaging, enriched calling with pre-call info, video calling, HD video conferencing and web communication. Virtualized Network Function (VNF) based IMS networks are deployed globally. Our team in Finland is part of IMS development organization working with these VNFs as well as cloudification of the VNFs.
We're now looking for enthusiastic software developers who have fresh ideas and strong skills from high-end technology areas, such as cloud computing, real-time, large-scale distributed systems, networking and data storage, security, machine learning and data stream processing. With your technical expertise you will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions that power future networks. You’re confident about your technical skills and you are ready to tackle challenges working together with your agile team on virtualized network functions and cloud technologies.
- MSc/BSc degree in Computer Science, Communication engineering, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- At least 4 years of general software programming experience in C, C++, Java or Python
- Knowledge and experience of using and developing of continuous interation environments
- Knowledge of IP and network programming
- Large systems software design and development experience
- Experience with Linux programming
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Experience in developing and optimizing real-time applications for memory, code size and network traffic.
- Comfortable with modern software development tools such as Git, Gerrit, Jenkins etc.
Seen as advantage:
- Experience with open source projects
- Experience with cloud and application platforms, AWS, Google Cloud, MS Azure
- Experience with Linux Kernel programming
- Experience on Big data and analytics
- Cloud application programming
- VNF development experience
- Experience with Software Defined Networking, Network Function Virtualization, OpenFlow
- You have a good touch with one or more of the following: Cloud computing platforms (e.g. OpenStack), Linux Containers, Kubernetes
What we offer you:
- Possibility to build your career; learn and develop in a truly international company with colleagues from 40 different countries in our Jorvas office only
- Possibility to shape the future and build the Networked Society
- Competitive Ericsson benefit package
- Different clubs and other leisure activities with amazing colleagues; free gym and tennis & football field just to mention a few
Learn more about working at Ericsson Finland:
Apply now or at the latest 17th December!
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Finland (FI) || || Jorvas, Kirkkonummi || IT
Req ID: 236507