Market Intelligence Analyst
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
Category Intelligence is a combination of research and consultancy, helping businesses to make decisions and set priorities.
The Category Intelligence Analyst will analyze, interpret and synthesize learnings from all research sources, drawing conclusions that are actionable, impactful, and accessible for customers and/or stakeholders.
Successful candidates will be responsible for collecting, analyzing and summarizing data from various sources: internet research, economic databases, market reports from diverse research companies, customer and competitor research, industry events etc. to meet time-sensitive delivery goals.
The position will involve doing detailed competitive intelligence analysis.
Responsibilities & Tasks
• Continuously monitor and analyze key industry and market trends as well as the wider external environment
• Raise awareness of trends and their potential impact on our companies business, and provide recommendations
• Gather information about competitors / and or suppliers
• Gather information about industries and provide industry analyses
• Perform financial analyses
• Serve as the liaison to the customers and work with them to develop and refine research objectives
• Collaborate with internal teams to ensure customer’s objective are met
• Financial evaluation skills (background: financial newspapers, brokerage companies) - Good level of knowledge & understanding of financials ratios
• Strong written and oral communication skills are essential, as presenting findings and supporting conclusions is an important part of the job
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Knowledge of strategic analysis frameworks (Porter’s Five Forces, Kraljic, SWOT)
• Strong command of macroeconomic and specific industry indicators
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently, within tight deadlines
• Be able to interact with the customer (e-mails, phone calls) independently and use his/her skills to guide newcomers
• Be able to handle a request end-to-end (from receiving the request to performing the pre-analysis and then independently)
• Propensity to creative and innovative thinking
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements
• +3 years’ experience in data analysis and/or statistics
• A first academic degree is compulsory
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log