Project Site Engineer (Acceptance)
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 95,000 employees globally.
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
- To validate and approve site build quotations received from contractors for a build scoped through FC drawings and Site Design Brief.
- Converting site designs into quotations or change requests for Customer approval, on a site-by-site basis.
- Successfully ensuring project margins are maintained when assessing and approving costings.
- Liaising with the Project Support team to initiate purchase order requests towards contractors for approved quotes.
- Handling subcontractor payment claims following service delivery, including the verification, validation and amendment of invoices.
- Providing technical and commercial advice in discussions with customer on the Schedule of Rates.
- Preparing budgetary estimates for pilot and large-scale projects, including pre-sales activities.
- Benchmarking of cost for a defined scope when multiple constructors do the work.
- Challenging any incorrect claim received from contractors that doesn’t match the agreed SORs and scope.
- Working within the project schedule to ensure Customer approval for site-specific budgets is obtained prior to commencement of site build activities.
- Where build variations are involved, converting variations into Customer agreed templates and pricing, ensuring Customer approval for final build.
- Following up outstanding Customer CR approvals to ensure payment for services is received.
- Preparing and submitting weekly status reports to the Project Manager regarding Customer quotations and CR approval status.
- Providing Project Manager with total build cost which is unclaimable from the Customer.
- Working efficiently within teams to clear backlogs of unclaimed work for large scale projects to secure payment.
- Educating contractors for new scope items and appropriate ways to cost such items so as to receive accurate claims from them.
- Providing technical and financial support to the Regional Project Manager for preparing budgetary estimates for out of scope items.
- Ability to interpret Civil FC drawings, Site Design Briefs to correctly identify scope and project deliverables.
- Ability to negotiate and manage disputes on costings and propose a workable commercial solution.
- Ability to work within large project teams and provide timely deliverables towards project outcome.
- Ability to work independently or under supervision.
- Proficient with MS office applications with advanced Excel skills.
- Experience in telecoms services and network roll-out.
- Positive, self-motivated, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Customer-facing experience.
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Good appreciation of operational and financial issues.
- Project Management
- Area Managers (IMs) and Build Leads
- SAED and Design team
- Build ASPs
- Project Administration (PCO)
- ASP Manager
Sydney or Melbourne
Ericsson offers a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
Follow us social media –
We will not be providing a work permit/visa for this position
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities.
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Sydney || IT