Senior Presales Solution Architect | Broadcast and Media
Senior Presales Solution Architect | Broadcast and Media
About Red Bee Media
Red Bee Media is the world’s leading Managed Service provider to the media industry. Working with the best media brands in the world, we enrich and ensure media experiences. For content providers who want high quality media experiences for their audiences, Red Bee Media is trusted to manage and transform complex, mission-critical services with superior expertise, leading technology platforms and passion. We consistently deliver the highest quality Managed Services utilizing the most agile and efficient solutions to reduce time-to-market and minimize business continuity risks. We can deliver our customers’ content to their audience on every device, ensuring it is discoverable and optimized. We ensure to be the best long-term partner to meet our customers’ complex and rapidly changing needs through our unique media heritage, technology experience and innovation focus. Our portfolio of services spans the entire media value chain including: Playout, Media Management, OTT, NuVu, Access, Content Discovery, Piero Sports Graphics and Creative.
About the Role
Solution Architects are experienced solutions professionals, adept at defining solutions that meet the business and technical requirements of existing and prospective Red Bee customers. A Presales Solution Architect is self-directed, capable of leading technical sales activities, managing the customer technical relationship, and assuming subject matter expert responsibilities within Red Bee. As a technical member of the sales team, our Solution Architects possess the highest levels of both business and technical acumen – understanding customer business drivers, matching those to Red Bee service offerings and clearly articulating complex solutions to existing and prospective customers.
- Drive revenues by managing the pre-sales technical process and evangelizing about Red Bee’s services to existing and prospective customers, and to contribute to product and service offering creation and development
- Partner with Sales, Business Development, Product, Commercial and Operations to educate existing and prospective customers about the superiority of Red Bee services - this includes conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, proposals, and follow up on all customer related issues
- Engage and own the development of customer proposals, design and delivery, ensuring all expertise, information and recommendations are concisely defined
- Support and educate Sales, Marketing and other internal departments to ensure that customers get appropriate updates, upgrades and event-oriented solutions.
- Show high standards of leadership - actively developing and mentoring less senior staff within all areas of the Red Bee organisation
- Work closely with Product Management and associated teams to develop future product direction and strategy - providing valuable input from the field.
- Drive excellent Customer Satisfaction by understanding and delivering against Customer expectations
- Become the customers trusted advisor
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Broadcast Engineering, Software Engineering, Technology & Media Management
- Broadcast / Media experience
- Experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering, consulting, and/or other customer facing role consulting on, delivering technical products or services.
- Experience in Playout, Media Management, VOD, OTT, Access Services and Content Discovery
- Thorough understanding and experience in broadcast solutions integration
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, drive for results, interpersonal savvy, and customer focus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical and business-related subjects to all audiences
- Ability to build capex, opex and contribution-based business cases
Sydney with up to 30% travel
Red Bee Media - Part of Ericsson
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 95,000 employees
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
We will not be providing a work permit/visa for this position
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities.
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Sydney || IT
Job details: Technical & Solution Sales Support Job Stage 07