Java Software Architect
- Be accountable for product software design throughout the complete life-cycle.
- Work in Scrum team to focus on quick study, solution/architecture design based on assigned requirement items in product backlog.
- Hold the technical lead in the Scrum team during software development.
- Lead and participate in software implementations, ensuring code quality.
- Work together with Chief Architect to ensure the software implementations are based on a sustainable technical solution and consistent with the product technology roadmaps and strategies.
- Be responsible for evolution of assigned components and compose recommendations towards System Architect Team on changes on component-level architecture, internal/external APIs and usage of 3PPs.
- Review major technical design decisions.
- Create and maintain technical documents when needed, e.g. component-level Implementation Proposal, component-level architecture design proposal, etc.
- Solid working experience of software development during full life-cycle of a product.
- Be able to independently architect products/solutions for sub Product Domain.
- Good knowledge of telecom networks.
- Good knowledge of Product Domain related product architecture.
- Strong technical background on Java or C++ SW development. Be familiar with common SW technologies including OS, AS, DB, SOA Framework, etc.
- Good business understanding.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.