LTE Software Designer (New Graduates) Ottawa
This position is opened to students who graduated from a university degree between 2016-2018. Candidates who graduated prior to this do not meet the qualifying criteria for “new grad” roles at Ericsson and will be automatically disqualified. If you are graduating in 2018, you are a strong contender for this role, please apply! Candidates must already be eligible to work in Canada.
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Position Summary : LTE Software Designer (New Graduates)
This role consists of designing, implementing and integrating functionality for Ericsson’s products and tools. The role requires the employee to:
- Develop software, implementing new functionalities in C / C++ / Java code, often in a multi-core target environment
- Perform Continuous analysis and Requirements Handling
- Apply knowledge of Real-Time Software development and wireless communication protocols (e.g. LTE, WCDMA)
- Work in a lab environment to trouble-shoot and integrate complex new pieces of software.
- Perform software deliveries using a software version control system
- Develop automated test cases to ensure existing functionality is never degraded by new software
- Document all system analysis, software designs and test plans
- Follow an Agile product development process, working collaboratively in small cross-functional teams.
Experience in the following areas is an asset:
- C/C++/Java coding skills
- Embedded/real-time development experience, including debugging tools
- Wireless and telecom product knowledge and/or experience
- Knowledge in the area of wireless standards (especially LTE, but others such as WCDMA, WiMAX, WLAN is also valuable)
- Experience working with software configuration management tools (e.g. Git, Clearcase)
- Knowledge or experience in product life cycle (design-code-troubleshoot)
- Scripting experience (Perl, Python, for example)
- Working knowledge of UNIX, Windows, TCP/IP networking
- Software development in a multi-core deployment scenario
- Knowledge of virtualization and cloud computing
- People skills, organization, communication and multi-tasking skills
- Effective English oral and written communications skills required
Education/Experience: requires B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Beautiful, modern campus with bright, collaborative open office space
- Collaborative, helpful work teams where knowledge sharing is valued and plenty of help is provided
- In Top-20 best employers in Canada (Forbes Magazine, 2016)
- Adjustable desks you can sit or stand
- Lots of activities for employees to participate in (i.e. site wide hackathon)
- 2016 Winner of the Hunger Hero Humanitarian award from UN World Food Programme for Ericsson’s unique Ericsson Response Emergency Telecom Community involvement
- Annual Sponsor of the CN Cycle charity event for CHEO
- Discounted local gym membership
- Free parking. City bus stops very close by
- Friday Fika! (site wide Fika’s every Friday afternoon)
Ericsson would like to thank all applicants, only selected candidates will be contacted for interview.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || Ottawa || Stud&YP