Ericsson Ireland Graduate Opportunities
Apply for Job
Date: Feb 11, 2015
Location: Athlone, IE
That phone call you just made……..probably down to Ericsson..…
Did you know more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks, and we are the fifth largest software development company in the world? When we started out as a communications company, the telegraph was considered state-of-the-art technology. In the years since then, we have led the digital revolution while building one of the industry’s strongest patent portfolios. Now we are driving toward what we call “the Networked Society” – connecting EVERYONE and EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE, in real time.
Sound like something you could sink your teeth into? Then Ericsson is looking for you!
In our graduate program we have opportunities in the areas of Software Development, R&D, Network Engineering, Technical Training and Consultancy. With our graduate program, you get to hit the ground running. We realise you’ve spent long enough in the classroom, so on day one you will join a team within Ericsson and could be producing within days! Don’t worry though you will have a mentor on site to talk you through it all. At present Ericsson employs approximately 1400 people in Ireland in two units:
- TELECOM & NETWORK SERVICES – based in Clonskeagh, Dublin
- RESEARCH & SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT – based in Athlone
We realize that the most important thing in any organization is its people (sounds cliché). So, you ask, what have we got, that you want? Here is just a snippet of what we offer:
- Competitive salary (with overtime…..that’s right overtime)
- 25 days holidays + 2 company days
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Tax saver commuter scheme
- Flexi-time working hours to allow you to manage your work/life balance
- Multiple daily pickups from the station (Athlone)
- For those of you with motors… Free parking
And now for the fun stuff!!
- Ericsson Athlone boasts the biggest Java development site in Ireland, with leading edge AGILE software development method, so you are never on your own in a pickle. So much so that we completely renovated our site to increase mobility and encourage team work. The site is extremely spacious and lit almost entirely by natural light. Communication is encouraged (we are not running a library here), we want you to feel comfortable and be at your most productive.
- Ready for work but don’t feel you’re quite finished with studies? We offer an extensive scholar program to support you in your continuous learning
- Ericsson is a rock-solid company, with fantastic growth opportunities. Our career paths are well carved out; hard work and some initiative is noted and very quickly rewarded
- Want to travel? Did you know Ericsson is in more than 180 countries, and a lot of our roles have a high travel component
- Opportunity to “own” a piece of the company with its shares opt in scheme
- Company phone and laptop
And now the really fun stuff!!
Busy day? Why not pop down to the;
- Pool table room
- Tennis courts
- Picnic area
- Go for a jog at lunch as so many do – we offer changing rooms and shower rooms on site
- Join our Sports and Social club – very active with lots of fun activities – like go-karting, bubble soccer, open mic night, etc.
Got an interview with us?
If interviews aren’t your strong point don’t worry, its only one aspect of the assessment, and we even have this helpful guide to see you through.
Here are some questions you might be asked by Ericsson LM Ireland recruiters:
- Why do you want this role?
- What differentiates you from other applicants?
- How have you “made a difference/led” in your current/previous roles?
- How do you influence customers?
- Other than the information on the Ericsson website, what do you know about the company?
- If successful, what support would you require in the first 6 months?
- What do you see as the future trends in the telecoms industry?
- A lot of Ericsson roles have a travel component – is this something you have considered?
- What do you understand about the role you have applied for?/What do you think is the biggest challenge you will face if successful?
- If you are relocating, what do you know about Ireland?
- We in Ericsson like our patents, and submit regular applications, have you any ideas you would like to work on/see patented?
Also, please don’t hesitate to let us know in advance any reasonable accommodations we can provide during the interview process.
- Minimum 2.1 Hons Degree in related field (Software Engineering / Software Development / IT / Telecommunications)
- Software Development using Java
- Knowledge of UNIX / Linux
- Knowledge of Telecoms for 2G and 3G mobile networks
Please also attach with your CV, your results for ALL years and ALL subjects taken.
So, think you have what it takes?*LI-BV1
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || Other/Not Applicable || Athlone || R&D
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, R&D Engineer, Developer, Technology, Engineering
Apply for Job
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.