Software Developer - Infrastructure
Apply for Job
Date: Sep 6, 2014
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, CA
What We Do
By 2020, there will be 50 billion connections to the internet, whereby anything that can benefit from an internet connection will be connected (i.e.Networked Society). Over the last 4 years Ericsson has invested billions of dollars to move from the #1 position in Wireless Infrastructure to take claim as the #1 in end-to-end Converged Infrastructure. There are not many players that have end-to-end capability and there are a whole host of challenges faced when creating a single, fully converged, infrastructure for Service Providers.
Ericsson’s Burnaby R&D site is part of the Broadband Networking group. We are a high performing technical team responsible for the architecture, design, development, and enhancement of IP Infrastructure on Ericsson’s industry leading Multi-Service SmartEdge and Smart Services Router products. Within this group, the infrastructure team is developing the capability for Ericsson to deploy and configure IP services beyond the traditional edge router product portfolio to a broad spectrum of physical devices. This work is a key part of meeting Ericsson’s mandate of deploying cost effective end-to-end converged infrastructure solutions to customers. As a result of this work, we are growing our infrastructure team and have a number of opportunities for Junior and Senior Software Developers
Junior and Senior Software Developers
Skills You Bring
University graduates with C programming experienced in a Linux environment. In addition, you should have knowledge, or if you are senior expertise, in the following areas:
- Software design principles including abstraction, inheritance, polymorphism
- Particular experience developing code generators based on annotated models
- Experience with data modeling
- Strength in multi-threading, memory management, and error handling strategies
- Automated unit testing (process and application)
- Tooling and build expertise in C/Linux
- IP networking and network and element management
A strong work ethic and demonstrable ability to produce excellent work products. In addition, we hire people who have a passion for growing and improving their work environment and processes and we are looking for people who have:
- A strong commitment to quality
- A built in drive to improve processes and products
- A natural inclination to take action and ownership, even outside of assigned responsibility
- Are always learning: technology, tools and business
- A positive and collaborative work environment where complex technical problems are solved and transformed into tangible products used by more than 50% of the world’s population.
- World-class technology.
- Mentoring and learning
- A great location with free parking, free gym membership and access to transit and bike routes.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || British Columbia || Burnaby || R&D
Job Segment: Developer, Data Modeler, Network, SAP, Linux, Technology, Data
Apply for Job
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.