Senior Feature Test Engineer - Forwarding, QOS and ACL
Apply for Job
Date: Sep 4, 2014
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, CA
This team is part of BNET- Broadband Networking, the R+D arm of Ericsson. These engineers are key to not only the future of Ericsson, but to also keeping Ericsson on the leading edge of network infrastructure technology. They are responsible for the architecture, design, development, and enhancement of high quality IP Infrastructure forwarding software on Ericsson’s current and next generation industry leading Multi-Service SmartEdge and Smart Services Router products, a part of Ericsson’s flagship line.
- Act as both a visionary and a hands-on contributor as we pursue test automation evolution for QOS and Traffic Shaping across multiple platforms
- Proactively address technical and process challenges in order to position our team to meet future market requirements and accelerate feature velocity.
- Use your mix of technical, industry, business and cross-functional knowledge to translate customer requirements into solution oriented engineering test plans
- Act as a champion of quality and performance by vigilantly safeguarding and maintaining the integrity of our products
- Work with global cross-functional teams to address and resolve complex problems including critical customer issues
- Contribute to the growth of the organization by leading and mentoring other team members and sharing your expertise with a broad audience.
- Proven experience in identifying and documenting test cases required to ensure any given functionality is fully functional before released to the field
- Experience in translating test cases into network topologies, device & traffic generator configurations in the lab to set up and execute operational test environments
- Experience with automating complex test cases, involving different devices including traffic generators, IP routers and switches, RADIUS/Diameter AAA servers, and end user devices
- Exceptional contributor routinely recognized by peers and supervisors for delivering unsurpassed quality and performance
- Experience verifying network traffic shaping and QOS in both forwarding and control planes
- Knowledge of related topics such as weighted fair queuing, random early drop, token bucket algorithms and packet classification
- Experience testing and debugging device drivers for TCAMs, traffic-shapers, and other networking related hardware accelerators
- Working knowledge of router and switch design & architecture with solid understanding of factors involved in achieving maximum performance
- Expertise in other data plane forwarding functions such as ACL, Lawful Intercept and Traffic Mirroring
- Working knowledge of test driven development and deployment/implementation of test frameworks within a complex multi-site environment.
Bare minimum qualifications:
- A team player with a solid work ethic and a reputation for delivering cutting-edge, world class solutions with high quality and outstanding performance
- 4-15+ years of experience of software verification in a complex product environment including embedded and distributed components
- Demonstrated experience testing the performance and scale of complex software systems with limited resources
- Possesses strong PERL, Python and C skills and is highly proficient at partitioning systems and defining the interface between components
- Excellent attention to detail and an aptitude for solving abstract problems
- Familiarity with Linux OS
- Proficient tester that passionately embraces automated unit test tools and techniques
- Solid understanding of the data networking industry including LAN/WAN and network layer protocols
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || British Columbia || Burnaby || R&D
Job Segment: Engineer, Embedded, Testing, Linux, Test Engineer, Engineering, Technology
Apply for Job
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.