Scrum of Scrums
Date: Mar 7, 2014
Location , IE
Scrum of Scrums
Ericsson Athlone is responsible for creating the world class software systems which allow mobile operators manage, optimize and analyze their networks.
The Ericsson Software Campus in Athlone has over 700 Engineers onsite and is the OSS (Operator Support System) headquarters within Ericsson globally and the main development centre for OSS and OSS RC Product lines. The OSS is the global market leader in mobile telecoms network management. The OSS system is delivered into 320 operators in 150 countries and manages over 1 Billion subscribers.
The Scrum of Scrums Master is a facilitative leader who executes a scrum of scrums.
Key interactions are with the Scrum Masters and the Product Owners at different levels.
This is a generic role description for any Scrum of Scrum Position, e.g. Release Scrum of Scrums, Product Scrum of Scrums etc
The Scrum of Scrums will be assigned towards a logical grouping of teams, e.g. for a Product, Release etc.
It is the scrum master activities that are executed in a scrum of scrums position. It is the backlog that is different.
In PDU OSS and depending on project size and definition there are 3 Scrum of Scrums positions.
· Scrum of Scrums :- Role gathering 7 to 9 teams into a scrum.
· Release Scrum Master :- Scrum Master who delivers the release level product backlog.
· Program Scrum :- In some projects there is a program scrum – this is a scrum bringing a team of release scrum masters together. This applies to an RA with multiple products that are linked in a delivery perspective.
Collaboration & Coordination
- Key collaborations are with the Head Product Owner, the Operational Product Owners, the team Scrum Masters and with the PL Release Functions.
- Depending on the logical grouping, the Scrum of Scrums Master will have different interfaces to focus upon.
- The Release Scrum of Scrums is responsible with the head product owner to create and maintain the full release view for the product/project.
- He/she will also work with the Product Owner in Assigning features to teams and defining a realistic release ambition.
- The Release Scrum of Scrums must facilitate the teams in delivering the Release Backlog (tasks and stores to GA and Release) – this backlog must contain all stories needed to release the product including FOA, NPI, Sourcing…..
Skills & Experience
The ideal Scrum of Scrums candidate will be
· An experienced leader with a record of High Performance.
· Proven and well-developed leadership and problem-solving skills
· An excellent communicator who can relate to the technical and business roles within the team
· An excellent facilitator who can facilitate effective and efficient meetings. Can engage multiple roles and stakeholders in critical discussions and building consensus
· Technically proficient with deep development experience
· A deep knowledge on agile approaches used within Ericsson and can leverage other techniques to provide value to a team
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || Other/Not Applicable || No Selection || ServEng
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field