Service Driven Distributed Cloud Platform -- Junior Team Member
Apply for Job
Date: Jul 19, 2014
Location: San Jose, California, US
What will the cloud platforms look like for transformative applications for industries when 50 billion devices are connected? Will they be highly centralized, distributed, edge-based or some combination there of? What are the key requirements of such transformative application workloads for industries and ensuing explosion of media, data, and advanced analytics? How should they be realized and operated using software-defined virtualized network, compute, and storage systems?
Are you ready to be on a mission to find the technologies and solutions needed for such next generation application driven distributed cloud-based systems? Are you looking to solve the architectural and operational scale and complexity of such systems?
At Ericsson Research, we are expanding our current efforts through team of hands-on experts in distributed systems, software development and systems analysis to prototype and to deliver components of the next generation cloud architectures.
Your efforts will help build the foundation of industry and societal transformations driven by 50 billion connected devices at global scale.
What you’ll do:
• Code! We are looking for talented programmers, coders, hackers, to build this highly scalable and distributed application driven cloud platforms.
• Help investigate, design, prototype and improve on the fundamental questions regarding the project and area
• Work with an extensive, worldwide organization with years of experience in research and prototyping.
• Interact and collaborate with team that will commercialize successful research prototypes
• Design, code and maintain a high-performance distributed system.
• Have a passion for building and understanding complex compose-able service oriented systems
• Have a good understanding of distributed systems
• Be able to effectively communicate complex results
• Have used objected-oriented or functional programming languages for distributed applications or platforms implementations
• Have demonstrated, e.g., GitHub code, passion for developing new software
• Understand the principles and the current state-of-the-art in Software for developing distributed applications and/or platforms
• Have strong comp science fundamentals; understanding of algorithms, data structures, software performance, distributed systems.
• Know how to implement optimistic and pessimistic consistency models in distributed systems
• Understand the principles of Software Defined transformation of compute, network, ad storage systems
• Have MS or PhD in CS, EE, mathematics, or other relevant fields
• Have at least once tried to implement latency sensitive distributed application using open source technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Docker, Pastry, NSQ, or Raft, for fun, if not profit
• Have experience with git, gerrit, Jenkins or other DVCS, CI and code review
• Have experience with any of node.js, Ruby on Rails, Go, Dart
• Have an understanding fundamental design choices and tradeoffs in scaling and availability in distributed system
• Have experience developing any of: mobile applications, web applications, responsive design, back-end servers
Applications should include a short motivation letter, CV, transcripts of records, and pointers to software projects that you have been involved in, e.g. Open Source contributions.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || California || San Jose || Consulting&SysInt IT; ProdMgt; R&D SalesStratMkt&ComMgt ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP Supply&Log
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Apply for Job
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.