Hardware Architect IP Routers-New College Grad
Apply for Job
Date: Jul 5, 2014
Location: San Jose, California, US
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
As a Technology Specialist you will ensure the development of innovative and competitive technical solutions, products and/or components. You will be involved in the R&D process to ensure the development of high quality, innovative solutions, products and/or components using the most appropriate technology available across that area.
With a backplane capacity of 16 Tbps and a non-blocking switching fabric, the Smart Services Router can scale to the bandwidth needs of even the most demanding applications, while protecting low-bandwidth, low-latency applications from getting crowded out. State-of-the-art signaling capacities address the growing control overhead that comes with an ever-increasing number of connected end-user devices. A variety of network functions – ranging from subscriber management to policy control and mobility support – enables a fast and simple introduction of new end-user services, maximum end-user experience, and optimal use of network resources. Sophisticated availability and resilience capabilities, encompassing both hardware and software, minimize the probability and the potential impact of a failure. As a consolidated platform for both fixed and mobile network functions, the Smart Services Router realizes complete convergence between network access types. Its proven and renowned operating system provides functional convergence complemented by a coherent interface for all network functions. This simplifies operations and reduces the cost of ownership
The team is centrally located in San Jose, California with support offices in Vancouver (BC) and Lowell (Boston). San Jose is focused on innovation, thought leadership in IP, developing sound architectures, and providing the support to the software, HW and test teams to deliver cutting edge solutions. IP Systems is a hub for innovation and creativity for individuals with a strong drive to excel and lead.
- Focus on next generation SSR hardware
- Provide SSR hardware leadership in an architectural role (ASIC design, boards, chassis, form factors, line cards, target scope, define technical scope, etc)
- Interact with product management and also engineering disciplines
- Provide hardware system and card level requirements for new hardware projects
- Must have a proven track record of system & card architecture design
- Provide feasibility analysis sufficient to verify system level and card level requirements.
Feasibility may involve such disciplines and tasks as follows.
- Card/System level prototyping
- FPGA prototyping (fitting, power etc)
- Placement analysis
- Thermal analysis
- Signal integrity & Timing analysis
- Power analysis
- Interacting with vendors
- Familiarity of one or more of these areas is desired as is ability to interact with other groups or subcontractors to achieve design objectives
Required Competence / Experience
- 0 to 3 years of Networking HW & Systems Experience
- Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline. PhD preferred.
- Network Processors & Server Processors & architectures
- Busses (PCIe, XAUI, Interlaken etc)
- Experience with optical interfaces, standards, and requirements
- Programming skills (C, c++, Perl etc) ; Linux OS knowledge
- Excellent communications skills with ability to work with a variety of disciplines
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Ability to work independently on complex tasks; self driven with ability to work under strict timelines
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || California || San Jose || Consulting&SysInt IT; ProdMgt; R&D SalesStratMkt&ComMgt ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP Supply&Log
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Apply for Job
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.