Software Developer - IMS Enriched Messaging
Apply for Job
Date: Sep 7, 2014
Location: , Quebec, CA
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
EMC's Core & IMS unit is a R&D unit reporting to DUCN's PDU Converged Core. PDU Converged Core has the responsibility to develop and release Core nodes, Application nodes and GW nodes for IMS - IP Multimedia System and other solutions. Our unit is responsible development and maintenance of the Enriched Messaging solution (EMe). RCS provides the ability to evolve from basic legacy SMS and MMS to an enhanced communication experience for voice, video, chat, group chat and file transfer.
You will be responsible to produce and document high quality software products from inception to delivery for the telecommunication industry. The main requirement of this position is the ability to perform analysis, design, verification, demonstration and maintenance of these products in an agile process-driven, team environment. You must be flexible (i.e. being on-call occasionally, traveling when required, overtime, etc). You must be a self-driven team player, quick learner and able to work under pressure with “walk the extra mile” behavior.
Main Responsibilities, but not limited to
- Participates in all phase of Software development (Feasibility, Analysis, Design, Code, implement, document and performs unit testing activities for complex software programs).
- Design and implement both manual and automated framework and function test cases
- Participates and contributes to improvements of software development (products, processes, methods, tools)
- Participates and contributes to design inspection and / or code review.
- Provides mentorship to less experienced software developers.
- Contribute with innovative ideas and stimulate innovative thinking in the group.
- Troubleshoots and debugs new or existing software programs.
- Works in complex design and / or maintenance activities.
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional agile environment with other development team as well as with QA/I&V team
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences or equivalent (3 to 4 years of University)
- Excellent knowledge of Java programming language
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- IP networks technology & IMS
- Software Engineering methodology & process (eg: Agile, Streamline)
- Good knowledge of Test Automation
- Development & Test tools (e.g.: Eclipse, Git, Maven, Unit test frameworks, TTCN, Linux )
- Telecom networks and telecom standards (e.g.: SIP, MAP, SS7, RTP, MSRP, SMTP, IMAP)
- Teamwork, Presentation & Communication skills
- Proficiency in English
ONLY SELECTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || Quebec || No Selection || Consulting&SysInt IT; ProdMgt; R&D SalesStratMkt&ComMgt ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP Supply&Log
Job Segment: Developer, Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Consulting, Technology, Engineering
Apply for Job
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.