SDN Sr. Consultant
Date: Feb 12, 2014
Location Plano, Texas, US
inCode is a boutique strategy and management consulting firm providing business and technology consulting services for leading companies worldwide. Focusing on the telecom industry since 1998, inCode has extensive experience with wireline, wireless, cable, and enterprise clients. Our consulting team offers an unmatched combination of vision, intelligence, and technology understanding - combined with an unparalleled ability to execute.
inCode's Strategy & Technology Group specializes in providing a full range of business strategy services to help service providers, infrastructure vendors, private equity firms, and emerging players capitalize on market opportunities. The experienced professionals of inCode leverage business acumen with technology insight to offer a complete suite of services: corporate strategy, financial analysis, market analysis, business launch, strategic sourcing, and technology advisement.
Location: We are currently hiring Sr. Consultants in Washington D.C., NY/NJ, Seattle, San Francisco, Dallas, Atlanta and Toronto.
- Experience with first level management of system design, system implementation, network optimization and system performance activities
- Provide technical leadership on client engagements
- Must be proficient in providing insights rooted in industry trends and client needs
- Candidate must be conversant in IETF standards related to data center bridging, data center to SAN, data center to NAS, Software Defined Networking, Open Flow Control architecture, and have previous experience in cloud based application engineering using commercial off the shelf virtualization software engines such as VMware, Xen, API's such as Open Stack, Cloud Stack and other Open source solutions for layer 4 thru 7 optimization.
- Ideal candidate would have worked on SDN implementation, SDN architecture strategy, Open Flow API development & strategy, SDN service creation systems, SDN testing and KPI development, Agile methodology and development environments for SDN and scaling SDN environments using network function virtualization (NFV), SDN back-office operations support, SDN business process engineering, SDN strategy for data center to data center and data center to transport network-network interfaces, SDN organizational strategy, SDN IT impact strategy and network operations strategy, SDN strategy related to application, routing, transport optimization and support of large cloud implementations and large scale application implementation.
- Hands on and supervisory experience with SDN implementation and meeting required KPI thresholds.
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrates ability to outline processes and procedures for design implementation and optimization of SDN based networks.
- Client Relations: Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal communications; must be able to work individually on a client site and provide insights and value to the client with little direction beyond initial scope definition
- Project Management: Assure quality assurance, timely deliverables, and proper documentation of project deliverables as an individual or as a team leader of an engineering team of peers, juniors, client personnel, and vendor resources
- Staff Development: Assist engineering manager in developing goals and objectives for the project, assist staff with appropriate leadership, feedback and direction; Ensure staff understand and achieves company goals, provide technical guidance to project team members
- Knowledge: Thorough knowledge and experience in IETF standards, SDN architecture, Open Flow protocols and API’s, IP layer 4 thru 7 stack architecture and applications frameworks
- Lead a large team of engineers in the implementation of client projects
- Travel up to 100%
. 3+ years of working experience in a Supervisory role
· 5+ years of working IP Network Design and Implementation Engineering experience
· 2+ years of working SDN architecture and implementation experience
· 2+ years of consulting experience a plus
· Exceptional leadership skills with demonstrated experiences, work ethic and professionalism
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F MBA/MS or equivalent experience
- Prefer bachelors degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering or Computer Science
- Financial Analysis Skills
- MS Office skills
Primary country and city: United States (US) || Texas || Plano || Consulting&SysInt
Nearest Major Market: Plano
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Consultant, Consulting, Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Contract, Technology, Engineering
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field