Radio System Developer
Apply for Job
Date: Sep 8, 2014
Location: OTTAWA, Ontario, CA
Radio Systems Developer
Ericsson is the world leading manufacturer of Licensed and Un-Licensed Radio Products. The Ericsson Canada Ottawa R&D campus focuses on all aspects of radio development including specific portfolio related to the Enterprise Market.
We are looking for a solution oriented, technically strong and innovative System Developer for our Systems Design team with deep knowledge on Wireless Networks technology (3G/4G/Wi-Fi). Our Systems Design team is responsible for the Early-phases (Technical Concepts and Continuous Analysis), Product Architecture, Systems design and System Validation for the Enterprise Radio portfolio (Wi-Fi and Mobile Enterprise Solutions).
- Responsible for developing system designs on licensed and un-licensed radio technologies including all aspects of hardware, software and deployment architecture.
- Responsible for translating business requirements (from different customers, standards, markets) into product requirements (features, RF Performance, KPI’s, KCI’s, reliability targets, etc) to ensure solutions with high value to business, quality and performance.
- Interface and collaborate with other Systems and Research organizations within Ericsson and all associated Product Management teams.
- Use Agile methodology to ensure proper flow between the system study phases and the active product development phases .
- Participate as a team member in Agile Cross-functional Teams as required to ensure system follow-up until field delivery.
- Ensure proper end to end product validation though the different system validation teams.
- Demonstrate innovation and protects Ericsson IPR through Patents.
- 10+ years of proven experience in Wireless R&D / Systems Design/Verification and/or Product Development as Senior Developer and/or Product Architect.
- Master or Bachelor of Science/MSc in Electrical Engineering or applicable university studies.
- Deep understanding of Wireless Networks (3G/4G/Wi-Fi) and Carrier grade solutions
- Deep understanding of radio layer 1 (physical) and layer2 (MAC) radio protocols
- Deep understanding of IP Networking Protocols
- Strong OA&M and OSS knowledge is an asset
- Systems design methodologies and tools, including system simulation.
- Algorithmic studies and development including mathematical simulation
- Design methodology using Agile & Lean principles .
- Very organized and results oriented with ability to influence others.
- Curious and with strong initiative to bring best practices and experimenting new techniques.
- Previous active software or hardware development is an asset.
- Experience with hands-on system validation and field trials is an asset.
- Self-driven, pragmatic and results oriented
- Excellent communication skills in English, spoken and written
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || Ontario || OTTAWA || Consulting&SysInt IT; ProdMgt; R&D SalesStratMkt&ComMgt ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP Supply&Log
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Network, Consulting, Electrical, Technology, Engineering
Apply for Job
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.