Senior Interaction Designer
Apply for Job
Date: Jun 25, 2014
Location: Mountain View, California, US
Role: Senior Interaction Designer
TV is changing forever and Ericsson Mediaroom is leading the revolution. Today's TV experience exceeds the boundaries of the traditional living room screen and reaches a variety of personal and portable devices. Smart phones and tablets have become integral to watching TV and video, and in the near future other more innovative devices will participate in the ecosystem. Similarly, the business and licensing boundaries that segregated the worlds of linear television from the Internet are being abated, offering consumers a much wider set of choices and possibilities. Finally, consumers are learning how to find relevant content through powerful semantic tools and natural interactions. As leader of the IPTV market, Ericsson Mediaroom is building the future of TV and video today. Are you ready to join us?
Ericsson Mediaroom is looking for a world-class senior interaction designer with a deep understanding of visual and motion design, to contribute to the design and development of our products and services. The senior interaction designer will be primarily responsible for the definition of our products and services user experience. The senior interaction designer role will require complete comfort with an extremely collaborative process that involves, in addition to design and research, product managers, software engineers and QA testers. Great communication skills are an absolute requirement for the position and familiarity with large-scale software development will be considered a plus.
In addition to contributing hands-on to the execution of the design, the senior interaction designer will be expected to lead a project team in the daily execution of the design and development of our products and services. They will work in close collaboration with senior members of the Ericsson Mediaroom design team, as well as with research, product management and engineering, to define the creative direction for a specific product. The senior interaction designer will share with a design producer the responsibility for executing on the agreed direction in the day-to-day operations of a design team.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the utmost level of quality in the consistent delivery of the following skills:
- Understanding of product positioning and technical requirements, and ability of translating this understanding in the definition of design requirements;
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative design and marketing research findings and techniques;
- In-depth understanding of visual design and motion design;
- Deep knowledge of the design impact of different form factors, screen resolutions, pixel densities and aspect ratios for today's popular tablets and smart phones;
- Confidently presenting designs to product managers and software engineers, articulating the details of navigation and flows, screen layouts and transformations, UI components and their states;
- Overseeing the creation of clear and detailed design documents intended for an audience of developers with no design background;
- Leading a mixed design team of visual designers, interaction designers, and design developers, in the day-to-day execution of the design of digital products or services, from early architecture to final touches;
- Contributing to the creation of future and current product presentations, interactive demonstrations, and video scenarios;
- Proficiency with Adobe CS, Visio or Omnigraphlle or equivalent, MS PowerPoint or Apple Keynote;
- Knowledge of MS Office, QuickTime, Adobe Premiere and After Effect;
- Strong time management skills and ability to be self-directed when needed;
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience with a major web, product development or consulting firm in the digital product and/or service design and development space.
While not required, candidates with the following skills will be preferred:
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies;
- Familiarity with a prototyping environment for creating interactive sketches or demos;
- Exposure to the design of natural UIs;
- Design interaction models, information architectures, navigation models, UI mechanics, end-to-end user task flows, screens, animations and transitions for TV, tablet, smart phone, and others, using a variety of approaches, including sketches, diagrams, physical mock-ups and others;
- Participate in the daily activities of a scrum team comprised of software engineers, product managers and designers;
- Lead mixed teams of interaction designers, visual designers, motion designers, and design developers, in the daily execution of designs across TV, tablets and smart phones;
- Ensure the quality of user experience in a realized service or product design;
- Lead the design and development of a design language system including interaction, visuals and motion;
- Lead the creation and maintenance of design documentation, including style guides, UI toolkits and other design documents;
- Working in close collaboration with software engineers and product managers in the framework of an agile software development process;
- Mentor and direct junior designers to deliver high-quality design in a timely manner;
- Present ideas and solutions to diverse functional roles;
- Assist with the development of design research and competitive surveys supporting proposed design solutions;
- Participate in the ideation of new products and services, illustrate them through rich, interactive demonstrations, and document them.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || California || Mountain View || Consulting&SysInt IT; ProdMgt; R&D SalesStratMkt&ComMgt ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP Supply&Log
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Engineer, Consulting, Developer, R&D Engineer, Supply, Engineering, Technology, Operations
Apply for Job
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.