TV and Multimedia Software Architect (.net and media room)
Apply for Job
Date: Jun 30, 2014
Location: Montreal, Quebec, CA
TV & Multimedia Software Architect
Ericsson is the world's largest telecom services provider, supporting operators in creating competitive, attractive and appealing offerings to consumers. Our technology leadership, business understanding and extensive experience of managing telecom-grade, carrier-class projects and multi-vendor networks, make Ericsson the market leader in telecom services.
The key to our success is our people, those who have the right mindset, competence and ability to achieve our business objectives. What we look for are employees who are highly customer focused and take great pride in customer satisfaction. We value ownership, accountability, flexibility, a great sense of urgency, strong team work and the ability to adapt to changes.
This is a senior position for a Software Professional in the RNAM Customer Adaptation Center (CAC) in Plano, TX or Montreal, Quebec Canada organization. Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform customer solution requirements analysis and translate into detailed software requirements and work packages (work breakdown structure).
- Engage in technical conversations with customers to identify the best custom SW solution for their problem.
- Assist sales teams in providing analysis, proposals, and cost estimates.
- Design detailed software architecture for developers that consider cost, performance, availability, maintainability, scalability and reusability.
- Specify the appropriate technologies to be used for customer solutions (HW, SW language, development frameworks, databases, operating systems, etc.)
- Identify SDLC methodology to be used on a given project.
- Contribute when necessary to the development activities including coding, debugging, and problem solving.
- Stay current with the latest technologies that are being used for software development in the industry.
- Provide input to management on competence and dimensioning for the organization
- Recommend and lead improvement initiatives
- Provide mentoring to members of the organization.
Skills, Experience, and Education
- Education – Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in software development. Experience in the TV or multimedia domain is required.
- Innovative thinker / problem solver.
- Consultative mind set, win-win approach, able to develop partnerships.
- Business acumen, understanding the technical complexities that drive the business.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Extensive experience in end to end software delivery using industry standard methodologies such as Waterfall, Scrum, AGILE
- Expertise analyzing, designing, and implementing concurrent, distributed, scalable, and highly available systems that are maintainable and cost effective.
- Expertise in .NET Framework, Unix/Linux shell scripting, and SQL.
- Expertise in Web applications, Web Services, and Application Servers. Should have worked with ASP.NET, JSPs, Servlets, XSLT, EJBs/MDB, JMS, SOA, XML, ESB, and Hibernate.
- Expertise in Multi-threading, transactional and distributed systems.
- Good networking concepts: TCP/UDP/SCTP sockets, IP, ICMP, IGMP, layer 3 routing, DNS
- Good knowledge of software configuration management and continuous integration with tools such as Clearcase, Git, SubVersion, SONAR, Jenkins, etc
Other nice to have skills:
- Expertise in architecting and implementing scalable, distributed and highly available database systems (ex. Oracle, SQL)
- Knowledge of IT or telecom standards and protocols such as: Diameter, SIP, SDP, RTP, RTCP, SNMP, H248.
- Java and/or Microsoft certifications.
- Open Group ITAC (IT Architect Certification), Microsoft (MCA), IBM Rational software architect, or similar certification is preferred.
Ability to accommodate up to 25% travel, including extended stays on customer sites, mainly in US and Canada.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || Quebec || Montreal || ServEng
Apply for Job
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.