Junior System Integrator
Apply for Job
Date: Sep 26, 2014
Location: Montreal, Quebec, CA
PRODUCT AREA: Ericsson IPTV – MultiScreen MiddleWare
KEYWORDS: TESTER, INTEGRATOR, JAVA, SHELL SCRIPTING, JEE, JAVA ENTERPRISE EDITION, LINUX, RDBMS, ORACLE, IP NETWORKS
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
The Multiscreen Middleware support features such as Video-on-Demand download, Channel Selfcare, Auto Complete Search, Time Shift TV, Local and Network Personal Video Recording. It enables ease of integration with external systems in customer specific multi-screen TV solutions (provisioning, charging, CA/DRM and O&M). It also provides an open APIs that enable third-party application developers to deploy interactive services for various end-user clients, e.g. PC, STB, Mobile, Connected TV and tablets. Today our product caters multi-screen TV services to over 2 million clients of operators based in the Americas, Asia, the Middle East and Europe.
Our organization, PDU Multiscreen TV Back Office Montreal, has an assignment to design develop and test the Ericsson Multiscreen Middleware (MSMW).
We are looking for candidates with the right mindset, competence and ability to achieve our business objectives. We value curiosity, cross functionality, accountability, sense of urgency, strong teamwork, strong ability to adapt to changes and take ownership.
If this describes you and you are looking to be challenged, please apply to the following position:
DEPARTMENT NAME: PDU Multiscreen TV Back Office Montreal
REPORTS TO: MMP Development Manager
JOB TITLE: System Integration & Verification Specialist
- Reviewing requirements
- Define test strategy, develop, execute and maintain MSMW automated test suites.
- Developing test scripts and test tools
- Trouble shooting and helping to resolve issues with the test environment and test suites uncovered during testing
- Writing trouble reports and performing TR fix verification
- Software and hardware equipment installation, configuration and integration
- Customer integration and support (remote and/or on-site)
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Extensive campus with bright, collaborative Agile team rooms.
- Easily accessible, located in front of Station De La Savane with free parking for employees.
- Fully equipped gym and an extensive wellness program offering lots of activities for employees to participate in (yoga, aerobic classes, karate, nutrition, etc.)
- On-site cafeteria with diversified and complete meal offerings, including salad bar and vegetarian section.
- On-site daycare
Education: Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer/Software/IT Engineering, Computers Sciences or equivalent
COMPETENCE & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in development of automated test suites and automated test tools
- Test/troubleshooting/traffic generation tools (ex: Wireshark, PureTest/Pureload, JMeter, SoapUI)
- Unix/Linux System administration & scripting (BASH)
- Development experience with Java and/or scripting languages (Unix Shell, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc).
- Integration of computing equipment (Sun & HP Blade systems), network equipment (IP Switches, Routers, Load Balancers, etc.), storage systems.
- IP Network Design, Integration and Verification & equipment (routers, switches, load balancers, etc.)
- Virtualization/Cloud technologies (KVM, XEN, OpenStack, etc.)
- Relational database (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.) or NoSQL (Redis, Cassandra, etc.)
- Git DVCS
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES (ASSETS):
- Team player, quick learner, individual drive, autonomy, "Walks the extra mile" behavior.
- Experience working in Agile team and with Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with IPTV
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || Quebec || Montreal || Consulting&SysInt IT; ProdMgt; R&D SalesStratMkt&ComMgt ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP Supply&Log
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Oracle, Cloud, Testing, Technology
Apply for Job
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.