Date: Feb 18, 2014
Location Montreal, Quebec, CA
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
Ericsson has established an Evolved Packet Core (EPC) team. This team is responsible for all service delivery of Ericsson Packet Core products. The team is primarily involved in the design, integration and handover of Packet Core (PC) networks to Ericsson's customers, located in North America. We are currently recruiting Integration engineers who possess and can demonstrate leadership and drive, as well as initiative and a deeply rooted sense of responsibility and accountability.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
Members of the team are responsible for all aspects of network design, integration and deployment of Packet Core (PC) solutions.
- Integrate Ericsson systems and solutions to customer networks in the Americas
- Solution Design and Testing
- Software installation on new nodes
- Software upgrades services
- Technical Coordination responsibilities to the projects being delivered in the PC area
Network Design and performance management:
- Act as consultant to customers requiring a PC solution
- Network design for PC networks
- Signaling expertise to advise on network level concerns
- Develop and deliver design and performance services to meet the customers needs
- Lead network design and network performance projects
- Provide on-site expertise, interfacing directly with the customer, to gain acceptance of the services being delivered
- Assume technical lead responsibilities to ensure project success
Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences
Knowledge and skills in the following areas will be assessed:
- Communication Skills
- Planning Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in quickly changing environments
- Fluent English
- IP networking knowledge
- Open systems knowledge
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lead others and work in a team environment
- Troubleshooting skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment working closely with customers
- Strong relationship building
- Unix/Linux type operating systems administration
- Virtualization Technologies (i.e. KVM, SR-IOV, DPDK)
- Cloud Technologies
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV/SDN)
- Ability to find and understand relevant standards such as 3GPP and IETF
- Telecommunications network knowledge
- Testing and verification experience a plus
Relevant knowledge of Datacom and Telecom environments would be an asset.
The position requires a flexible travel schedule. All candidates must be available to travel on short frequent trips as well as longer assignments. The position is customer facing and requires excellent communications skills both verbal and written. In this experienced role, the candidate is expected to be business minded with a proven track record of success.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || Quebec || Montreal || Consulting&SysInt IT; ProdMgt; R&D SalesStratMkt&ComMgt ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP Supply&Log
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, R&D Engineer, Consulting, Engineer, Technology, Engineering
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field