Date: Feb 14, 2014
Location Montreal, Quebec, CA
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
Integration Engineer – 4GIP-Applications Competence Center
The 4GIP-Applications Competence Centre is looking for an Integration Engineer to join its Montreal-based team.
You will be part of the service delivery team for Region North America (RNAM), providing consulting and systems integration services, with special focus on IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystems) Applications and Enablers, such as:
- MMTEL/MTAS: Multimedia Telephony
- RCS: Rich Communication Suite
- BCE: Business Communication Enabler
- VisualCom; Video Conferencing
- Eme: Enriched Messaging
- PGM: Presence and Group Management
- WCG: Web Communication Gateway
In the role of Integration Engineer you will be responsible for testing and implementing IMS solutions and enablers in our customer’s networks. This role is suited to candidates with solid Technical, Communication and Consultative skills. This is a highly visible role requiring strong inter-personal skills as it demands sustained interaction with end-customers
Integration Engineer Job Description:
- Support presales activities, including pre-studies.
- Use applicable processes and procedures to upgrade existing networks/systems or build new network/systems.
- Analyze customer needs and requirements in co-operation with the assigned Solution Architect.
- Ensure that the delivered solutions/systems are properly verified and work in accordance with the agreed requirements.
- Document the implemented solution and train customers.
- Identify add-on sales opportunities.
- Interact with customers, 3rd Party suppliers and other Ericsson Service Delivery organizations.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Ericsson IMS platforms and applications is preferred but not mandatory upon hiring
- Knowledge of SIP, H.248, RTP and Diameter Protocols.
- Knowledge of 3GPP and GSMA specifications and RFCs relevant to IMS solutions.
- Knowledge of IP Networking. IP Certification is a plus, but not a pre-requisite for this role.
- Competence in at least one Unix/Linux implementation, at system management level.
- Experience with virtual solutions based on VMWare or others.
- Experience integrating complex systems in customer environments.
- Experience interacting with Telecommunication Operators, 3PPs, and Product Development Units.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and a capacity to take initiative.
- Adaptability in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Available to travel with short notice.
- Fluent in English.
The role involves extensive travel of around 50%, within North America
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || Quebec || Montreal || Consulting&SysInt IT; ProdMgt; R&D SalesStratMkt&ComMgt ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP Supply&Log
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Consulting, Supply, Engineer, Technology, Operations, Engineering
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field