UX - Interaction Designer
Apply for Job
Date: Aug 6, 2014
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, CA
User Experience (UX) and complex B2B applications
Ericsson took the challenge to drive UX towards excellence for its leading operations and business support systems. Now is the right time for you to join our journey. For the user-centered design of our OSS/BSS products, we are looking for a
Interaction Designer (m/f)
for our development center in Mississauga, Ontario.
As part of the local development team, you will foster a culture of user experience in the development process. Likewise, you will be integrated in a global UX community driving for a consistency across our product suites. In close cooperation with product managers, user researchers, architects, developers and testers you will design products that are valuable, support users’ tasks and goals efficiently and effectively, and are easy and appealing to use. The interaction designer transforms the user research results into professional user interface design.
- Take responsibility and drive the product design through the whole lifecycle, from early definition and analysis, to test and customer installation
- Design and specify user interactions for our product applications via prototypes, GUI sketches, mockups etc.
- Work with user researchers to translate findings from user research and validate your design
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively your designs with all stakeholders from product managers, architects, developers, testers to clients
- Take a leadership role in guiding the agile teams in the development and test of world-class user-focused applications through reviews and acceptance criteria and backlog contributions
- Socialize your designs in the UX communities and drive submissions of products to formal UX reviews
- Evangelize and contribute to evolving our branding, user-centered design ways of working, new interface guidelinesand design patterns
- Stay informed of advances in interactive techniques, technologies and methods, and adapt to rapidly evolving industry space
- Bachelor’s Degree degree in Interaction/Graphic Design, MA/MS in computer science, human computer interaction, industrial engineering, cognitive science, or related field
- 3+ years of industry work experience in UX driven development experience including proven experience with different UX deliverables (wireframes, user flows, sitemaps, design patterns, graphics) and the ability to adapt them to different uses, projects and constraints
- Strong and clear communicator both internally and externally
- Prototyping tools (Balsamiq, Axure, JustInMind, … ),
- Creativity and great attention to details and design
- Demonstrated and quantified successes applying principles of user-centric design methodologies
- Photoshop/Illustrator are a plus
- Experience working in agile environments highly desired
- HTML/CSS knowledge and an understanding of web development are a plus
- Must be able to provide an online portfolio that demonstrates the ability to turn ideas into a strong and unique creative vision.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || Ontario || Mississauga || Consulting&SysInt IT; ProdMgt; R&D SalesStratMkt&ComMgt ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP Supply&Log
Job Segment: Consulting, Developer, Engineer, System Administrator, Supply, Technology, Engineering, Operations
Apply for Job
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.