Junior I&V Engineer
Apply for Job
Date: Oct 12, 2014
Location: [[Burnaby]], British Columbia, CA
We're hiring! Our Burnaby R&D site has 3 openings for junior testers in our Smart Services Router Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Integration & Verification Team. These junior roles will be part of a collaborative and supportive team who are responsible for test execution, test automation script development, test results and error management and test system integration. Our Burnaby team works closely with other I&V teams in San Jose, California and are also part of a global R&D organization spanning Bangalore, India and Budapest, Hungary.
As an I&V Engineer you will be part of a talented and enthusiastic team involved in verification and validation of the Ericsson new generation Smart Services Router. Working with design engineers you will be responsible for:
- Product requirements and specifications analysis
- Test case design and execution
- Work closely with other I&V and Software and Hardware Design Engineers on system problems root cause analysis
- Test reporting and error management
- Test equipment setup and maintenance
- Test automation scripting in UNIX shell script languages
- Test deliverables management
- Sustaining activities - including bug re-test and regression testing
The following skills will be a definite asset:
Strong programming skills in:
- Perl, TCL/Tk, Expect, and other UNIX shell scripting languages
- Good UNIX experience
Knowledge of networks including:
- Metro Ethernet, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Routing/Switching protocols, QoS, IP Multicasting, MPLS, 4G/LTE & EPC, Mobile Backhaul, SDN/NFV/Cloud Computing, etc.
- Familiar with Ixia IxNetwork & IxN2X and Spirent Test Center desired
- Basic knowledge of router CLI commands, e.g., Cisco, Juniper
- Sound network engineering and network debugging/troubleshooting technique
- Enthusiasm on learning and contributing in highly motivated teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong verification/development mindset and experience are definite assets
- Experience in different phases of the software development cycle
- Fast learner with can-do attitude
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree or higher education in Computer/Electronics Engineering, Computing Science or equivalent
- 1-2 years of work experience, preferably with at least one year in a test or verification role
- Previous co-op experience will be considered
- Ideal candidate will have experience in network testing or help desk/network support
- Nice to have: Cisco networking certificates
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || British Columbia || [[Burnaby]] || Consulting&SysInt
Job Segment: Consulting, Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Cloud, Unix, Technology, Engineering
Apply for Job
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.